Navi redesign: special forum sneak peek!

edited July 2009 in Zelda Comic
I've decided that it's time to redesign Navi. Too long have I used the ugly Zelda II tiny-pink-person-with-wings look. I need something more Ocarina of Time-ish! And here it is:

navianimation.gif

What do you think? The thing that bugged me the most about my old Navi sprite was that it used half-sized pixels to better match the appropriate proportions; these half pixels never matched and always looked like crap to me. While this redesign is certainly a much simpler look, I think most modern Zelda players will more readily recognize her if she better matches her original game appearance.

This change takes effect immediately and will make its official debut in the next comic. I won't make a comic about it (as I did with Zelda and Ganondorf) because that's lame and everyone probably would rather see the story progress, so I thought I'd mention it here instead. Enjoy the continuing OoTification of Zelda Comic!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Will it be all flappedy in the comic, or will she just have a static image?
  • edited June 2009
    The animation was, I thought, a nice way of seeing how all the frames come together. Just as it is now, each appearance will show one frame of the full animation.

Sometimes I'll put custom sprites in an animation to make sure it runs smoothly. After all, this is all based on NES graphics, and only making one frame would look boring.
  • edited June 2009
    You should animate her saying "HEY LOOK LISTEN!"

Other than that, nice work!
  • edited June 2009
    You should animate her saying "HEY LOOK LISTEN!"

The first thing that came to my mind is that the whole panel would be covered with "HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!"
  • edited July 2009
    Ah... I liked the ugly pink Navi.

This one it too cute. It makes her even more annoying. *eye twitches*