Episode 282: Skirmish-O-Tron

edited September 2006 in Zelda Comic
2006-08-08-282.png

Brought to you today by Outer Glow!

Comments

• edited August 2006
    First comment Hoo-HA!

Anyways, good comic. I'm pretty sure at this point in the story if I was sheik I would care less about Link as long as he didn't die.

And of course, when you think you damaged a main boss a lot...you've only tripped him...and he's now going to tear you apart.
  • edited August 2006
    Gah! I was so close to being first! I am defeated.

The awesomeness of the comic soothes my wounds of defeat.
  • edited August 2006
    The amount of times Link has taken damage has to be greater than his amount of hitpoints by this point...

/me goes off to count!

/me returns from counting
    He has been hit 7 times, and to the best of my knowledge, you can be hit 8 times in AoL (but my memory is rubbish so don't quote me on that), so one more hit and Link is dead, so yah...
  • edited August 2006
    This comic's onomotapia was brought to you by Mark Ecko.
  • edited August 2006
    Night Lord wrote:
    He has been hit 7 times, and to the best of my knowledge, you can be hit 8 times in AoL (but my memory is rubbish so don't quote me on that), so one more hit and Link is dead, so yah...

(Sorry for quoting you on that, but...) The amount of damage Link can take in Zelda II is dependent on three important factors, most of which you lack full knowledge of: the strength of the enemy's attacks, Link's Life level, and whether Link has obtained any Heart Containers. Not all enemies do equal damage (even at Life1, you can take quite a few hits from a Skaven Knight, but Horsehead's mace can make short work of you at the same strength), and I haven't made any official statement as to the power of the Miscreant's magic attacks.
  • edited August 2006
    Considering how it can make a thunderbird proverbially cack itself, I should assume its quite powerful.

And most of that stuff I realised when I replayed AoL about 5 mins after posting >.<

PS: AoL VERY hard
  • edited August 2006
    As I recall, the Miscreant's attack did no damage to Thunderbird, as no one had yet used Thunder spell to make him vulnerable to attack.
  • edited August 2006
    mario wrote:
    (Sorry for quoting you on that, but...) The amount of damage Link can take in Zelda II is dependent on three important factors, most of which you lack full knowledge of: the strength of the enemy's attacks, Link's Life level, and whether Link has obtained any Heart Containers. Not all enemies do equal damage (even at Life1, you can take quite a few hits from a Skaven Knight, but Horsehead's mace can make short work of you at the same strength), and I haven't made any official statement as to the power of the Miscreant's magic attacks.

ya, but he did KO(knok out) ganondorf in one hit and if he can do that i'm inpresed.
  • edited August 2006
    mario wrote:
    As I recall, the Miscreant's attack did no damage to Thunderbird, as no one had yet used Thunder spell to make him vulnerable to attack.

Yes, but when Thunderbird revealed his weakness to thunder (Who woulda knew?), he gets quite worried about The Miscreants power (See?)
  • edited August 2006
    But two of the miscreants attacks were not of the conventional sort. He flew into link once and stepped on him on another occasion.
  • edited August 2006
    Are we allowed to discuss your comic comments in the comic thread? Because three cats in one house sounds like it would certainly keep one quite busy. It reminds me of when I used to volunteer at the ol' animal shelter. One half of it was just called the "cat room", and all the cats just sat around in there. They were only put in cages if they were sick or didn't get along. It was kinda fun because there were always one or two cats who would just follow you around all day.

What wasn't so fun was moving the mean cats to different cages so you could clean them out.
  • edited August 2006
    I think Link wants to go back to spelunking, poor guy =(
  • edited August 2006
    kraii wrote:
    I think Link wants to go back to spelunking, poor guy =(

no i dont think so. (hoora for links)
  • edited August 2006
    Yay! I'm back and can view the comic. And a good one it is. Hopefully now the Miscreant will reveal more of his plans and stuff.
  • edited August 2006
    Okay so far we know this about the miscreant:
    1.the miscreant wants link to be more powerful
    2.the miscreant wants ganondorf to get out of his way
    3.the miscreant doesn't want anyone to know his plans
    4.the miscreant isn't in the mood to have his butt kicked by sheik
    If we knew his motives we'd be closer to finding out his real plan!!!
    And if we knew his plan we'd be closer to finding out his real motives!!!
    It's a fiendish endless cycle!!!
  • edited August 2006
    Oookayyy... this is strange. I have no idea why he wants him to be powerful... *gasp*

Watson, I think I may have a lead!

What if the miscreant can somehow harness Link's power? Hmmm... ^_____^
  • edited August 2006
    Well, he could probably train by himself if that was the case, since earlier I believe he pointed out he was fighting in the name of Link. (No, NOT in the name of love ladies and gentlemen.)
  • beebee
    edited August 2006
    OH NO!! MAYBE THE MISCREANT IS DARK LINK!
    Ryoga wrote:
    ...fighting in the name of Link. (No, NOT in the name of love ladies and gentlemen.)

I thought you were supposed to stop in the name of love, and fight in a basement. Of course if you fought in the basement you might break something. Like someone's heart. So you should definitely stop.
    LINK! ZELda.. ahem, SHEIK!! MISCY-DUDE! I think for all our sakes you should make up and play nice.
  • edited August 2006
    Hm...great comic Mario! Yes..that's all I have to say...
  • edited August 2006
    bee wrote:
    OH NO!! MAYBE THE MISCREANT IS DARK LINK!

I thought you were supposed to stop in the name of love, and fight in a basement. Of course if you fought in the basement you might break something. Like someone's heart. So you should definitely stop.
    LINK! ZELda.. ahem, SHEIK!! MISCY-DUDE! I think for all our sakes you should make up and play nice.

yeah maybe did you see what the last panel Thunderbird said that the Miscreant "looks just like" Link, to wich the Miscreant Replies "yeah i get that a lot"
  • edited August 2006
    Just remember to keep the "who is the miscreant?" stuff in the right section..we don't want to get off topic. (or do we?)
  • beebee
    edited August 2006
    Sorry-oh, Mario. :)
  • edited August 2006
    Night Lord wrote:
    Yes, but when Thunderbird revealed his weakness to thunder (Who woulda knew?), he gets quite worried about The Miscreants power (See?)

I'm pretty sure mario remembers what's happened in his own comic.

But anyway, Link surely is taking quite a beating. This is quite the twist after he kicked Lloyd's ass after Sheik failed.
  • edited August 2006
    Lloyd had no strategy, he just got super-strong. All Link had to do was overpower him. Now it's an actual fight and Link's not too good at strategy.
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah, but all Sheik had to do was also overpower Lloyd, and she failed.
  • edited August 2006
    That's because the Miscreant made Link stronger than Sheik. e.g. When fighting the horsehead, Link couldn't beat him because he was too stupid to hit him in the head. Sheik would have been able to kill him easily, because he's smart. The Miscreant is even stronger than Link and he's a half-way descent fighter so, Link doesn't stand a chance because all he can do is a straight on assault. Sheik is a better fighter than the Miscreant, so he's able to keep hitting him when his guard is down, but he's so strong that Sheik still can't do much damage.
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah, but still... You think Navi would get over there and help him out with the strategy.
  • edited August 2006
    If the Ganon in this comic is currently modeled after the Ganondorf of OoT, and during the battle while he was in that form he was too powerful for Navi to be of any use, then it stands to reason (as the Miscreant is even stronger than Ganon) that Ganon is too strong for Navi as well.
  • edited August 2006
    Oh come on. We've seen Navi's personality in this comic. It's got nothing to do with that, it's just that she really doesn't care all too much after being ignored.
  • edited September 2006
    I noticed a fatal error, once again the pillars positions have changed. In panel one the pillar is in behind sheik in panel two it's nowhere near her. But for all I know the pillar could be moving while the two are talking.