Used Book Fire Sale! Everything Must Go!

edited July 2023 in Books
I have a lot of books, too many books. I have read most of these books and they are taking up space.

Everyone loves books. So here is what I am going to do for you guys. I will sell you books, as many books as you want for the price of shipping plus a little bit of cash per book. I just need to go borrow my dad's postal scale so I can calculate the shipping costs accurately, so it might be a few days.

You all get first dibs, because I love you guys.

Here is the big-ass list of books I am looking to get rid of. It is three large boxes worth (I still have two equal sized boxes I am not giving away). All the pertinent info is there, including ISBN numbers so you can look up the books on Amazon if you wish.

There's quite a variety here, at least take a look.

Books make great gifts and literature is meant to be shared! Just post in here and call dibs on stuff. Keep in mind how much it might cost to send you the stuff and be prepared to send me money, I want to at least break even on the shipping, if not make a buck or two extra. I'll probably end up taking your money via check or paypal.

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Damnit Andrew you beat me to it!
  • edited December 2008
    Too bad it's not on YouTube...
  • edited December 2008
    Would it be okay if I buy, read, and give it to a friend as a Christmas present? You know, to further the joy of learnng and reading.
  • edited December 2008
    Dibs on the Foundation novels! People keep telling me to read 'em, so gimme what you got.
  • edited December 2008
    mario wrote: »
    Dibs on the Foundation novels! People keep telling me to read 'em, so gimme what you got.
    They're quite good. I can't remember what order you're supposed to read them in though.
  • edited December 2008
    As I understand it, one of the books in the series contains a foreword from Asimov with the proper sequence.
  • edited December 2008
    I am all over that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency!
  • edited December 2008
    Depending on how much UK shipping is, I'll take America (The Book)!
  • edited December 2008
    America (The Book) has some slight water damage, if it matters.
  • edited December 2008
    Not at all!
  • edited December 2008
    Magic Knight Rayearth! You speak to the thirteen year old girl inside me.
  • edited December 2008
    It speaks to the 13 year old girl in all of us.
  • godgod
    edited December 2008
    I've heard that there are some notable differences between the Chobits anime and manga, so I'm eyeing those.
  • edited December 2008
    Do you think it would be very expensive to ship them here? I personally have no idea and i would really like the Hitchhiker's trilogy, they're a bit hard to find here.
  • edited December 2008
    Seriously!? You could probably download them!
  • edited December 2008
    Reading books on the computer screen is NOT the same as reading them in book form.

You can dispute it all day but I'm right.
  • edited December 2008
    I have read books online, and I won't dispute it. You're totally right.

There's just something about holding a physical book in your hand that always trumps digitized books. It's why ebook readers have never caught on.
  • edited December 2008
    I think it's the smell!
  • edited December 2008
    I would actually like an electronic book reader if it had two very specific features.

My main desire is to have a page turn button instead of scrolling. I HATE scrolling through text. Also, a backlight would be nice. If an electronic book reader had those two functions, I'd be all over it.

You also gain a few good features from electronic form... you can search through books, hold more books in a smaller space, and magnify if you need to. Also, with Amazon's Kindle you can look up words on the internet if you're near WiFi. That's pretty awesome.
  • edited December 2008
    I would love to have a dictionary built in to whatever book I'm reading. I have a crappy vocabulary, and when I read a word I don't know I always just skip over it since I'm too lazy to go and look it up.
  • edited December 2008
    I usually read in the living room, close to the PC, so that whatever word i don't know I can look it up without much hassle. I prefer that a hundred times over having a big ol' dictionary next to me.
  • edited December 2008
    Oooh ooh! Pick me!

Any of the Terry Pratchett books you have left.

If someone hasn't already claimed the Chobits books, ys pls.

The Neverending Story

And Peter Pan/

Is that alright?
  • edited December 2008
    Protect your shoes!
  • edited December 2008
    No hazing in my thread! It's stupid.

I'm going to have to remind you all that I'm not sending the books for free, you're paying shipping. So if you don't have paypal or the ability to mail me a check, I can't send you stuff.
  • edited December 2008
    I would actually like an electronic book reader if it had two very specific features.

My main desire is to have a page turn button instead of scrolling. I HATE scrolling through text. Also, a backlight would be nice. If an electronic book reader had those two functions, I'd be all over it.

You also gain a few good features from electronic form... you can search through books, hold more books in a smaller space, and magnify if you need to. Also, with Amazon's Kindle you can look up words on the internet if you're near WiFi. That's pretty awesome.

I have Stanza on my iPhone, you have to tap on the left or right of the screen to turn the page, and it's awesome. Very awesome.
  • edited December 2008
    You make me want an iPhone so much.
  • edited December 2008
    You can get flash apps that actually simulate turning pages. You can actually drag the corners around and stuff and it behaves similar to a page. A person could probably make a pretty swank reader in flash if they had a device that supported it.