Product Experience Request: DVD Duplication Cards

edited August 2007 in Tech
Ready for a random question?

So I've been asked by my work to assemble a DVD/CD duplication tower (i'm supposed to get a 4 target up and running in the near future, and a 9 target not too far out from now), and given that I've worked on plenty of computers, I figure it should be easy, but I was wondering if anyone's ever had any experience with the IDE controller cards. It looks like the two big names on the market are Wytron and ACARD. So, I'm thinking I'll probably get the Wytron DVD-399. (I've read some good things about that one.) Anyone by any chance have any experience with these things and care to throw in their two cents?

Also, we've got a couple of Lite-On burners kickin' around the office, and I've been asked to try to use those, so any complaints about those could be handy too.

THANKS!!

EDIT: this is the one I'm thinking about getting - http://www.amamax.com/wydv1ta16xdv.html

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Its reliability and cost efficiency will exceed your requirement.

Can't argue with that. I've never had the opportunity or need to use something as high-scale as all that, so all I can suggest is to go with the reviews.
  • edited August 2007
    I will buy the pirate DVDs your associates want to mass produce, should they need business....
  • edited August 2007
    I've been using a Lite-On drive for all my dvd burning needs. Probably burned about 200 dvds in the space of 2 months and I havn't had a single one fail.
  • edited August 2007
    We've got one of those at school, they work well, I don't know which brand of card we have but it looks basically the same as that one. I think the lite-on drives work because that's what we've got.
  • edited August 2007
    Night Lord wrote: »
    I will buy the pirate DVDs your associates want to mass produce, should they need business....

Heh, I wish. No we actually legally make DVD's, and have machines that will make 50 in sequence, but we're looking to set something up where we can crank out 10 at a time, and thereby significantly speed up small orders. In the mean time though, if you'd like 50 copies of The Core, I'll see to it for ya. That'd be worth breaking the law.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks to those have chimed in, I'll let ya know how it works!

EDIT EDIT: See, I wasn't sure if I could actually do this, but then I took a cue from Mario and said... "but... what if I could?"