Gmail is apparently 1337

edited July 18 in Tech
I laughed pretty good when this popped up on my computer:

Comments

• edited October 2007
    uh oh.
  • edited October 2007
    I don't see 1337 anywhere.

If you're interested, I spent my night compiling Wine in Leopard which worked perfectly and trying to install the windows version of safari in OS X with no success
  • edited October 2007
    I know the Windows version of Firefox works fine in Wine since I used it to view sites that needed Flash 8.0 or higher when the latest Linux version was 7.something. Never tried Safari, though. Is there any particular reason why you want to use the Windows version of Safari in OSX, or are you just looking for a challenge?
  • edited October 2007
    Night Lord wrote: »
    I don't see 1337 anywhere.

If you're interested, I spent my night compiling Wine in Leopard which worked perfectly and trying to install the windows version of safari in OS X with no success

...Why?! That's the most roundabout silly thing I've ever heard. Just give up that Playskool OS and give in to the Darkside. Install XP! Muahahahahaha!!

But anyways, Google is funny like that. Just look at there motto.
  • edited October 2007
    The message says "could not connect to GMail ROOT".
  • edited October 2007
    I know the Windows version of Firefox works fine in Wine since I used it to view sites that needed Flash 8.0 or higher when the latest Linux version was 7.something. Never tried Safari, though. Is there any particular reason why you want to use the Windows version of Safari in OSX, or are you just looking for a challenge?

Because it'd be cool to have a screenshot of Safari OS X and Safari Windows running side-by-side.
  • edited October 2007
    That would look shopped. I would be able to tell from some of the pixels, and from having seen quite a few shops in my time.