Augh I can't figure out this Mini vMac thing.

edited December 2007 in Tech
I want to play some classic Macintosh games using Mini vMac but I am having some difficulty.

I got MacOS 6.0.8 installed on a mountable disk and can run the OS fine in the program, but all the blasted games are archived as .sit files (which I believe take Stuffit Expander to unarchive)

My problem is if I unarchive the .sit files with Stuffit in windows they don't do jack when I get the files into MacOS, and if I copy the .sit files into one of the disks and try to unarchive it with the MacOS version of stuffit expander, the files don't even show up, so I can't open them.

I just want to play some might and magic, anyone have any experience with this emulator?

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Wait, are you unstuffing them with the OS X stuffit or the Classic OS one?
  • edited November 2007
    The classic OS one because I'm using XP.
  • edited November 2007
    WINDOWS? EEEW!

*cough* Anyway...

Perhaps try system 7.5.5 available free from apple?
  • edited November 2007
    Can't get M&M for a different platform?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Might and Magic: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum (1986; Apple II, DOS, Commodore 64, NES, MSX,PC-Engine CD-ROM)
  • edited November 2007
    I want the Mac OS one.

I figured it out! I don't know what I did, but it works.
  • edited November 2007
    It's because macs are inferioir you fool! Cleary Windows told the program to shape up, and fixed it for you! Also, my Windows can make my toast in the morning! So there!
  • edited November 2007
    Wait no. I got oregon trail and shufflepuck cafe to unpack, but not might and magic.

What the hell?
  • edited November 2007
    Which Might and Magic?
  • edited November 2007
    The way original first one. Not Heroes of Might and Magic, just Might and Magic.
  • edited November 2007
    I got it working, yay! I needed a newer version of stuffit expander.
  • edited November 2007
    Is there no Amiga version of M&M? When it comes to old computer games, the Amiga version is always best.
  • edited November 2007
    Man, I love Shufflepuck Café. If you're looking for some good old-school Mac games, hit up Macintosh Garden. It's a huge collection of abandonware games. I'll bet Glider will run on your emulated Mac Plus.
  • edited November 2007
    Mario, that's the very site I linked to in the first post.

Get your head in the game man! =)
  • edited December 2007
    Wow, go me. Still, I linked it better, because I qualified my link, instead of just casually tossing a link in mid-sentence.