Comic #52: Performance Review? (1/19/2008)

edited January 2008 in Penny Racers Comics
comic052.png

Pichu's being possessed is a loose reference to Earthbound's Ruffini the dog, through whom the developers would give out useful hints. There's a follow-up to this comic coming soon, which sorta gives it a proper ending.

While making this comic, I realized that Pichu has incredibly short arms. I had to mess around a lot to make that third-to-last panel doable. I also realized that my comics are starting to get too long. It's a good thing Pokemon don't talk in the games; they're way too chatty.

Think I was too harsh on Eevee? I feel kinda bad. Also, could somebody go to the Art section of the site and check if the picture links are working? They were acting kinda wonky for me earlier, and I didn't have any time to do anything about it.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    They don't work, home-slice.

I'm waiting for you go Charlie Brown with Pichu.
  • edited January 2008
    Are you just talking about opening the full-sized images? Except for the second image in the colored section (car interior?) they all worked for me 1-19-08 11:11am EST.
  • edited January 2008
    Night Lord wrote: »
    I'm waiting for you go Charlie Brown with Pichu.
    Eh?

Yeah, I checked the art section again, and things seem to be working now. That one mess-up, I think, is just a broken link. I'll fix that.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, most of the time they have small stubby arms, but when they need to scratch their heads, they get long and gangly.
  • edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure that "scratch" is a move that Pichu can learn.
  • edited January 2008
    Hahaha, I loved this comic. I've always thought of eevee more as a crazy fox thing.
  • edited January 2008
    If Evee is a crazy dog thing or a crazy fox thing, what's Pichu then? Some kinda big rat thing? I think that'd put Evee a step higher up the food chain than Pichu.
  • edited January 2008
    XoLore wrote: »
    If Evee is a crazy dog thing or a crazy fox thing, what's Pichu then?
    Aw, that joke was coming in the next one. WAY TO RUIN IT.