Wikipedia broke through the firewall!

edited July 19 in Tech
Everyone,

Wikipedia is currently viewable in China. I don't know why, but I can hardly imagine it will be for very long. I have been making copies of pages I have wanted to read for a while, but I can't remember everything that I've wanted to see in the last month or so.

Before wikipedia is blocked again, do any of you have suggestions for good wiki pages for me to view and save on my computer?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I'm not surprised. It often gets blocked and then unblocked in china.

Is youtube available over there?
  • edited April 2008
    Youtube was blocked during the Tibetan events, but it's back now, albeit stupidly slow.

I know wikipedia goes up and down, but I usually check it once a week in passing. This time it worked, so I want to make sure I take advantage of it, since I don't know when it will go back down.
  • edited April 2008
    Look up the Rare Earth hypothesis. It's quite interesting.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm always fond of the future space articles, on Dyson spheres and the eventual heat-death of the universe, and things like that.
  • edited April 2008
    One wonders why Serephel doesn't just use openDNS...
  • edited April 2008
    That's not how to use Wikipedia! You look up something random you haven't thought of before and keep following links until it gets blocked again!

EDIT: Off-topic, but I looked at Rare Earth. It's always seemed pretty obvious to me, I don't see how it couldn't be true.
  • edited April 2008
    It wasn't as much the main point of the hypothesis, but the little details that support it. For example, only a small ring within a spiral galaxy is hypothetically habitable, because of the metal-richness of the area. That's interesting.
  • edited April 2008
    I say you should make as many of those fake album covers as you can before it goes down again!