Visions of USB hard drives dance in my head

edited July 18 in Tech
My recent acquisition of LostWinds brought up an issue I was hoping I’d never have to deal with. As I attempted to purchase the title, I found that my Wii did not have sufficient storage space for the download!

More...

Comments

• godgod
    edited June 2008
    Can't you just move stuff over to your SD card/get an SD card?
  • edited June 2008
    Yes, but you can't play games from an SD card. This would be an acceptable alternate solution, but card-swapping would still be irritating.
  • edited June 2008
    I had enough room for lostwinds.

Then got the room it took up back because I deleted it. It was not fun at all.
  • edited June 2008
    mario wrote: »
    Yes, but you can't play games from an SD card.

First of all - Yes, but... what if you could?

Second, aw, that's weak - I assumed it would let you do that. Well, fortunately I still have 1000+ blocks free.
  • edited June 2008
    geoko wrote: »
    First of all - Yes, but... what if you could?
    I've been playing Fate of Atlantis off my SD card all week.

Awesome
  • edited June 2008
    I've been playing Monkey Island 2 off my SD Card.

Woo for homebrew!
  • edited June 2008
    Hamelin wrote: »
    I've been playing Fate of Atlantis off my SD card all week.

Awesome

IT WORKED!
  • edited June 2008
    No, he's talking about homebrew hackery. But even that doesn't solve my problem, since I'm pretty sure the Homebrew Channel doesn't give SD card play access to official games and channels.
  • edited June 2008
    Not yet anyway, but with time...
  • edited June 2008
    With time nothin'. With time, Nintendo will continue to disable the Twilight hack and prevent the Homebrew Channel from being installed. Not a viable solution!
  • edited June 2008
    And The Scene will continue to find new ways. Like this time. It took nintendo three months to patch the bug but hackers six hours to hack the patch.