First post from my new computer.

edited July 18 in Tech
This is my first post from my awesome new lappy.

Here it is.

Fear the renaissance of my amazing-ness!!!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    3 Gb of RAM, that’s two more than this computer:D .
  • edited June 2008
    Gateway still exists?
  • edited June 2008
    Yes yes, they do, but I call them "Cow-boxes" and they make good gaming computers.
  • edited June 2008
    Ewwwww.
  • edited June 2008
    You should have kept it quiet. When Night Lord sobers up, he'll turn into a Mac Nazi like the rest of them...

Otherwise, gratz on the laptop!
  • edited June 2008
    Macs are the best, no, Windows is the best, no Linux is the best, blah blah blah.
  • edited June 2008
    Go Computers!
  • edited June 2008
    I eww'd because it's a Gateway, not because it runs the Windows operating system. I assumed he'd dual-boot into Linux anyway, and I understand the necessities of running Windows in certain situations. But Gateway? Ewwwwwwwwwww.
  • edited June 2008
    I am seriously considering building my own computer, possibly in the fall. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Then, I will code my own OS. In notepad.
  • edited June 2008
    That's hardcore. Please also code your own Master Boot Record.
  • edited June 2008
    We used to have Gateway. I loved those boxes, and the fact that they immortalized said boxes in Microsoft Bob. I can fill my whole room with cowboxes!
  • edited June 2008
    Gateway no longer exists in the UK, funny that. I do distinctly remember the cow patterned boxes though.

It's certainly not a bad machine at all, congrats on it.
  • edited June 2008
    Yep, good times abound.
  • edited June 2008
    Gateway is currently a wholly owned subsidiary of Acer by the way. They were bought out not too long ago. That's probably why you don't have them in the UK as I think Acer is a bigger brand in Europe.
  • edited June 2008
    I really only see Gateways in offices now. I don't know many individuals that buy them. They seem to do well selling massive networking set-ups for companies.
  • edited June 2008
    We Dell it up in my office yo.
  • edited June 2008
    Well you're in China...it's probably like "Bell" or something. Like a friend who wore counterfeit Nike socks, called "Hike"
  • edited June 2008
    Hey, my company's legit! We even buy our own copies of MS Office! Cause it's expensive, people need to apply for it, or else they've got to use Open Office.
  • edited June 2008
    Serephel wrote: »
    Hey, my company's legit! We even buy our own copies of MS Office! Cause it's expensive, people need to apply for it, or else they've got to use Open Office.
    Why even bother with MS Office then? Open Office is just better.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm not a fan of Open Office, actually. Open Office Writer is pretty much the same as Word, that's not a problem. But I prefer MS Powerpoint way more than Open Office Impress. And if there are any other business majors (?) here on the boards that wonder if powerpoints go away after graduation, I have to disappoint you and tell you no, they do not.
  • edited June 2008
    Well, there's your problem, power point presentations are pretty much the worst thing humanity has ever invented. Ever. Why corporations have such a huge boner for the things I'll never comprehend.

I hope you ironically slip in as many awful sound effects and transitions as possible.
  • edited June 2008
    Oh good god, on my new computer if I'm holding one shift bar down and then hold the other down for easy "!?!'s," the second one (the one on the right) doesn't work. No characters even show up. It works on its own, but no synchronized shifting anymore I suppose.

Also my old lappy was a Gateway too a "Gateway MX6421." I liked that it had lots of USB plugs.
  • edited June 2008
    Why would you ever need to hold both Shift keys down?
  • edited June 2008
    Easy !?!'s, jeez pay attention.
  • edited June 2008
    That doesn't make any sense! You can put your right hand down for the ???s while still holding the left Shift for the !!!s, and never have to hold the right Shift. Your method involves holding down more keys, which is (relatively) harder, not easier.
  • edited June 2008
    Yes I see your point... Man, my instinctive key pressing sucks. Anyways look, old lappy!!!