Google Chrome

edited July 18 in Tech
So, has anyone tried out Google Chrome yet?

chrome-205_noshadow.png

Personally, I think it was really nice of Samus to pose for the logo.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I think I might try it. I like the fact that if a site crashes, only that tab crashes. I've been having problems with my browser (Internet Explorer) doing that. I have about 5 tabs open, one crashes, and then I lose all my work on the non-crashed tabs. :hulk:
  • edited September 2008
    Serephel wrote: »

Personally, I think it was really nice of Samus to pose for the logo.

lol...
  • edited September 2008
    I'm using it right now, 'cause I'm at work, my boss asked us to get familiar with it in case customers ask about it (I do technical support) and I jumped at the chance to put something other than IE on this computer.

It's kinda neat, but I don't see myself giving up Firefox for it.
  • edited September 2008
    I like it. For some reason we're not allowed to have other browsers besides IE at work, so I've got it up and running on my home computer. I had just downloaded Firefox 3 the other day, and I found myself not liking it as much. Just little esthetic things bothered me, it's kind of hard to describe.

I like how you can toggle the tabs around in Chrome though. Can you do that in Firefox 3? I never tried, and I only got it earlier this week.
  • edited September 2008
    You mean drag them around? You can do that in Firefox 3, yeah.
  • edited September 2008
    I've tried several times to write something here that wasn't a huge rant without success.

So I'll say it all in one word.

Opera.

With that, here is an article.
    Read the comments.

I may add more later.
  • edited September 2008
    The icon looks like a Pokéball....
  • edited September 2008
    It looks cool but I'm gonna stick with Firefox 3
  • edited September 2008
    The Mac version is still in development! So I'll have to wait until I forget about it completely.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm in the same boat. The comic got me all hyped up about the crazy promises, but I'm not gonna boot into Windows just for a fancy browser.

Speaking of which, why has no one mentioned the comic? I thought this forum was full of rabid Scott McCloud fanatics! I'm not one of them, but I still thought it was slick marketing on Google's part, and the comic presents its case well.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm Mr. Windows software tester in these parts! I will give it a go.
  • edited September 2008
    So, you guys wanna know what Chrome is like? Well I managed to nab the super-secret OS X version.

Well, it seems okay to me, nice and clean, a bit like Safari for Windows, except more blue.

Screenshots!
    Here
    Et Here!
  • edited September 2008
    Its nice, but until I can use plugins I don't see myself using it.

I need my del.icio.us bookmarks and greasemonkey.
  • edited September 2008
    The lack of customizability kills it. I've got Opera setup better anyway.

There are some interesting looking developer tools in it they don't talk about but I mostly work with flash stuff and they don't really help me.
  • edited September 2008
    You probably shouldn't write off a public beta of a browser because it lacks Firefox-style plugins and Opera-style customizability. These things will come in time!
  • edited September 2008
    Well, I do have it have it installed at work. Granted it's one of six browsers, but it's it's one of the two that I have that isn't specifically there for the sake of compatibility testing. I haven't written it off, it's just got quite a distance to go before it can really compete. On the plus side it's going in the right direction.
  • edited September 2008
    It's too slow.