Youtube Tags

Okay, two questions, one pertinent and one not.

First of all, how do you use the Youtube tags? I tried to embed a video and it didn't work.

Also... why do forum searches generally not work very well? I typed in "youtube" and pretty much every single thread showed up in the results.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Well Andrew, firstly: to embed youtube you just use the unique id at the end of the address after the "v=" part inside youtube tags, so it'd be [ youtube ] czJHTEeEJmU [ / youtube ] (without all the spaces, natch.)

The search? You need to buy a platinum subscription for $9.95 to get that working properly.
  • edited September 2008
    If the forum search is not to your liking you can search the site (any site) on google by typing site:<url> followed by what you're searching for.
  • edited September 2008
    Also, I find searching and clicking the "show posts" radio button is easier to find what it is you're looking for.
  • edited September 2008
    and not searching for terms as broadly used as "youtube" might help.
  • edited September 2008
    I tried. However, "youtube tags" brought back zero results, while "youtube" brought back almost every thread.
  • edited September 2008
    That's probably because YouTube embeds show up in most every thread at some point.

• edited October 2008
    As many of you know, my wii (which consequently is my sole interweb access,) has stopped loading embed videos. I've tried reinstalling, and erasing the save data.

Knowing that many of the mods are wii owners them selves, I figure this is worth a try.
  • edited October 2008
    Ah, crap. thread double posting, now I'll come off as really annoying.

Post in this one guys.
  • edited October 2008
    Not a clue, sorry, I've not used the wii for internet stuff in yonks...
  • edited October 2008
    I'm so glad you posted your extremely helpful advice Bruce!