Nanowrimo

edited October 2012 in Arts and Crafts
Is anybody else doing Nanowrimo this year?

Ryan and I are. He's writing a homoerotic thriller, and I'm writing a romantic comedy. I wrote one last year too, it was awesome.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    I am?
  • edited October 2008
    Do papers count toward the 50,000 word limit?
  • edited October 2008
    This actually seems really cool, i havent written anything worthwhile in a long time. Seems fun. :]
  • edited October 2008
    Andrew, no. Not unless they happen to be complete 50,000 word works written within the month of November.

Ryan, are you the one writing the Romantic Comedy? I forget.

Panda, give it a try. Even if you only write 10,000 words this year, you'll know what to expect next time you try to write a novel.
  • edited October 2008
    Yeah I think I will

Oh and for the record, i'm Seth. Not sure If I ever really gave a proper introduction.
  • edited October 2008
    BOOYAH!

I an shocked and appalled that I didn't make this thread. What the heck!?

I got this in the mail yesterday, it is awesome:

alphajz0.jpg
  • edited November 2008
    Does anyone else have an issue with the nanowrimo site being painfully slow? Because it's deterring me from actually doing anything.
  • edited November 2008
    It's the first day in half the world already, and every year for the first week or so the site grinds to an absolute crawl.

Just type away in word and upload the word count sometime later.
  • edited November 2008
    ok thanks

I have NO idea what i'll be writing about yet...Guess i'm winging it.
  • edited November 2008
    I'm not gonna start until Midnight, although I could start right now if I really felt like it.
  • edited November 2008
    No Tanya, I'm trying to write a modern day fantasy. I think. I dunno, I'll see how it turns out.
  • edited November 2008
    I am so freakin' ready for this.
  • godgod
    edited November 2008
    I feel like I should write something, but it will probably end up as a mediocre high fantasy story.
  • edited November 2008
    Since it's odd to add friends there, I'm this girl.

Seth, Panda, a pleasure to meet you.

Hamelin, is that a typewriter ??

And I'm glad to see so many of you participate! it warms the cockles of my heart.
  • edited November 2008
    Ok, I got my first 2000 words done today! I've got a good feeling about this one, guys!
  • edited November 2008
    2,000? I'm still at 1,000, though it's pouring out like a neck wound.
  • edited November 2008
    I haven't written at all this weekend, because I've been packing and preparing to move. But my new apartment won't have internet right away, so it'll be a good excuse to write in the evenings next week!
  • edited November 2008
    shakeycat wrote: »
    2,000? I'm still at 1,000, though it's pouring out like a neck wound.

That email they sent said we should get somewhere around 1667 a day. I feel like I should be writing more, though, but I just downloaded the Mirror's Edge demo and I just can't be bothered to write.
  • edited November 2008
    I am here!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/440384

I added Tanya already, and I added Hamelin through Tanya's buddy list.
  • edited November 2008
    I am not behind! I don't have any internet at home, work is all I can use to update!

Believeeeee me!!1
  • edited November 2008
    Me too!!!

But, I might still be at less than 2000 words...
  • edited November 2008
    Gawd, I am so far behind. I'm either gonna spend a whole day writing my entire novel or just give up entirely.
  • edited November 2008
    I'm behind for where I should be today, but have 4500 words or so. You just have to remember to sit down and write a few pages a night. And don't think it's stupid, don't edit, just put it down.
  • edited November 2008
    Yes, don't edit, don't even go back to spellcheck, don't delete things you've written, just write write write!
  • edited November 2008
    ahhh damn i havent even started yet, between school and work and the new girlfriend, time's been tight.

Do they only do this once a year, in November?
  • edited November 2008
    Yes.
  • edited November 2008
    Well... it's not like you can't write in other times... you'll just be doing it on your own.
  • edited November 2008
    Don't listen to him, he's wrong. You can ONLY write this month. If you write any other time, the NaNoWriMoSpOpMiTaFo (National November Writing Month Special Ops Military Task Force) will come after you.
  • edited November 2008
    Well this presents an interesting dilemma. What, exactly, constitutes a novel? I don't want those guys after me if I'm just typing up a lab report.
  • edited November 2008
    Interesting question!!

I COULD probably do some research and go into great detail about novels...

But I think I can generally say that a novel is a long, sustained narrative story.