iPod Ad Imitation

edited August 2006 in Comics
The iPod ads featuring completely blacked out people dancing to various tunes are a heavily imitated modern phenomenon. This is partly due to the heavy pop culture influence that the apple company strives for and partly due to the lack of effort required to achieve the desired effect.

This desired effect can be easily achieved by taking a photograph of a person, seperating the person from the background by using a simple lasso or magic wand selection tool, and blacking out the resultant selected area.

A white and gray iPod is then added along with wires connected to the speakers at the ears. The final step is to choose a background color of your choice. Logo is optional.

Try your own. It will be fun. I promise.

Comments

• edited March 2006
    Very nice! But for maximum accuracy, you're best off making the background a solid color.
  • edited March 2006
    The official apple iPod site features several ads that have a textured background. That one I did is signifigantly less fancy than the ones featured on apple/ipod, but it keeps my eyes from getting bored while looking at my background.

ALSO, the picture I used of myself was me crossdressing, hence the long hair.

ALSO, this thread was meant to jump start a very easy string of art projects to get everyone's juices flowing. Please remove any blockages that would prevent the flow of your creative juices.
  • edited March 2006
    ...At least it's not "iSuck".
  • edited March 2006
    It is a start that I can agree with!
  • edited March 2006
    The official apple iPod site features several ads that have a textured background. That one I did is signifigantly less fancy than the ones featured on apple/ipod, but it keeps my eyes from getting bored while looking at my background.

You're right, I'd forgotten about the recent re-design. My apologies, and I'll get to work on somethin' at some point somewhere.
  • edited March 2006
    I am determined to try this as soon as I am finished with this lenghty essay.
  • edited March 2006
    I look forward to all your works!
  • godgod
    edited March 2006
    i know a chick who did that with various spongebob characters and called it isponge. now, im afraid to leave my house.
  • edited March 2006
    It might be considered offensive, but it's also nonsensical, so it works out:
  • edited March 2006
    I don't get it.
  • edited March 2006
    Brilliant, Mario.
    (Hlavco: see here.)
  • edited March 2006
    rofl
  • edited March 2006
    Ooh, I knew the picture but didn't notice the guy for some reason...
  • godgod
    edited March 2006
    ...sssooooo... what happened to that guy? did he get run over, or shot or somthing?
  • edited March 2006
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man
    The incident took place on the Cháng Ān Dà Jiē, or "Great Avenue of Everlasting Peace," just a minute away from Tiananmen, which leads into the Forbidden City, Beijing, on June 5, 1989, the day after the Chinese government began cracking down violently on the protests. The man stood alone in the middle of the road as the tanks approached him. He appeared to be holding two bags of some sort, one in each hand. As the tanks came to a stop, he appeared to be trying to wave them away. In response, the front tank attempted to drive around the man, but the man repeatedly stepped into the path of the tank in a show of passive resistance. After about half an hour of blocking the tanks, the man climbed up onto the top of the lead tank and had a conversation with the driver. Reports of what was said to the driver vary, including "Why are you here? My city is in chaos because of you"; "Go back, turn around, and stop killing my people"; "Go away." It has been said that anxious onlookers then pulled the man down and absorbed him into the crowd and the tanks continued on their way.
    There are several conflicting stories about what happened to him after the demonstration. In a speech to the President's Club in 1999, Bruce Herschensohn — former deputy special assistant to President of the United States Richard Nixon — reported that he was executed 14 days later; other sources say he was killed by firing squad a few months after the Tiananmen Square protests. In Red China Blues: My Long March from Mao to Now, Jan Wong writes that the man is still alive and in hiding in mainland China.

The Internets is our friend.
  • edited August 2006
    Clever stuff... I'm guessing you're using nice photo manipulation programs :P I'm stuck with the freebies *sigh* but I might get around to one.
  • edited August 2006
    I am totally making an "iSuck" image but I won't filthy up this thread with it, that's what my "DELETE" thread is for.
  • edited August 2006
    I wanna see the iSuck! ^___^
  • edited August 2006
    Finally I jump in on the action!
  • edited August 2006
    Toadstool wrote:
    I wanna see the iSuck! ^___^
    Eh..then go to his "delete" thread. bwahaha, just pointing out the obvious. And great pictures everyone!
  • edited August 2006
    I posted that when it wasn't made yet :P I have seen it now.

Night Lord - digging the iToad ;)