Place your bets on the LHC

Place your bets on the LHC - Gizmodo
Particle colliding is the new dog racing. Stephen Hawking bet against the LHC discovering the Higgs-Boson, and now you can get in on the action too.

Alexander Unzicker set up an options market for the LHC, where you can bet on the discovery of the Higgs Boson within a certain time frame. If you sincerely believe researchers either will or won't find the "God Particle," or if you just like making wild guesses on subjects in which you have little to no understanding, put your money where your mouth is. But make sure to factor futurebird destruction into your time frame.

CERN should probably take this to the next level. Set up a grandstand and hire a few bookies. Might be a good way to recoup the LHC's $3 billion cost.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I bet they find the Higgs Boson. No money amount, but I bet they do.
  • edited December 2009
    I bet they already found it but are keeping quiet in order to place a bet on it and win big money.
  • edited December 2009
    I bet the future tries to stop it again, this time by putting a cat in the particle accelerator.
  • edited December 2009
    I bet the cat explodes violently when they use it with the cat in the way.
  • edited December 2009
    $5 on the LHC destroying God.
  • edited December 2009
    $4.99 on the LHC destroying God.
  • edited December 2009
    $0.01 on God destroying the LHC.

$10 on Higgs-Boson being found several years from now followed by little fanfare and a continuation of research which will quietly occur throughout the rest of our foreseeable lives.

I'd have voted they never find it, but Stephen Hawking already did that.
  • edited December 2009
    $10 on them finding Waldo!
  • edited December 2009
    NO WAY! That's fucking impossible, dude.
  • edited December 2009
    $15 dollars on the Higgs being Waldo.
  • edited December 2009
    $9.95 on Waldo being the time-traveler from the future responsible for baguetting the LHC.
  • edited December 2009
    In the future the world was very grimdark and WALDO went back in time to save it!
  • edited December 2009
    Wait... in the future the world was?
  • edited December 2009
    Yes, that's why Waldo had to go back in time.