May the best destroyer win.

RonRon
edited April 2006 in General
Which would be best to use for taking over the world.

Robot dog
http://www.bdi.com/content/sec.php?section=BigDog

or steam powered centipede?
http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/rc_steamipede/

Comments

• edited March 2006
    Even though the robot dog can lift so much weight, I'm gonn have to go with the steam powered centipede on this one, it just looks so much more awesome.
  • edited March 2006
    I reckon the big dog actually has the better survivability.

Steam engines are prone to malfunction. Plus they're rarely fuel efficient.

Gotta love that design though, I'll give it that.
  • edited March 2006
    The big dog looks easy to kick over, so I would say the centipede.
  • edited March 2006
    "Centipede with 32 legs!" is a not awesome phrase. Unlike the actual robot, which is just super. And my choice.
  • RonRon
    edited March 2006
    So far centipede is in the lead, but if theres a tie I will have to go with a robot dog with a centipede head.
  • edited March 2006
    Dog carrying heavy weight stomps on steaming centipede. Little steam engine blows up destroying dog. Both lose. Point goes to centipede for the devestating counter attack and because it looks like a little train.
  • edited March 2006
    I think the centipede would be the best for taking over the world. Actually taking power is easy, the hard part comes when you're tryint to stamp out the resistance that's hidden underground and in other confined, hard to get to places. The dog just wouldn't be able to fit there.
  • godgod
    edited March 2006
    while the dog does have the camoflauge, i'd say the centipede because it could just charge at the dog's side and ram a leg, which would knock it over.
  • edited March 2006
    Have you seen the BigDog video? That thing's damn hard to knock over.

Really, unless the centipede can launch tiny airspeeders carrying harpoons and tow cables, it doesn't stand a chance. Its armour is too strong for blasters.
  • edited March 2006
    The little centipede-train is clearly manned by a crew of vicious steam-pixies, eliminating any need for harpoonage. Heh. harpwnage lol.
  • edited March 2006
    Really, unless the centipede can launch tiny airspeeders carrying harpoons and tow cables, it doesn't stand a chance. Its armour is too strong for blasters.

I find it both amazingly sad and awesome that I was thinking the exact same thing.
  • edited March 2006
    It's sad to see so many of you voting for form over function.

For shame people, for shame.
  • edited March 2006
    I voted for form and function. But AT-AT look-alikes rock. ^_^
  • edited April 2006
    because it's steam powered.
  • edited April 2006
    I believe I justified my vote accordingly.