Monster Crochet

edited April 2006 in 6:35
Dear friends of craft and creepiness:

http://monstercrochet.blogspot.com/

It includes a skeleton antimacassar and a crochet wrap that depicts meat grilling. The internet is the best thing that ever happened to needlework.

Comments

• edited April 2006
    OMG! It has bacon!
  • edited April 2006
    That is seriously impressive.

The jellyfish is particularly awesome, it has waviness!
  • edited April 2006
    Also, I am really enjoying the knitted works of Jess Hutch:

http://www.jesshutch.com/2005/02/finally.html
  • edited April 2006
    Steak!
  • edited April 2006
    eek! an eyeball!

i think i have a book of patterns that jess hutch created, but i haven't knitted anything from it. i have not had much time for needle-related crafts lately. :(
  • edited April 2006
    You have her booklet? It looks awesome.

Though yeah, I bet you don't have much time for needlecraft, now that you're finishing up and getting ready to move away from your friends. ^__^ If you ever make any of Jess Hutch's stuffed animals, will you post a picture?
  • edited April 2006
    of course! there are definitely a few i want to make--i have to track down some of those cute magnetic eye-things though.
  • edited April 2006
    A metal detector would help in the tracking process.

As would a giant electromagnet.
  • edited April 2006
    Are they magnetic? I thought they were sort-of rivet style.
  • edited April 2006
    oh, my bad, they're not magnetic--they're called "safety eyes" and apparently use washers in some way. i just remember a huge sense of relief when i forst read it upon realizing i wouldn't have to try and sew 'em on. i am a terrible sewer.
  • edited April 2006
    Heh. I actually thought those eyes were beads, which she'd strung on the yarn and knit into place. I used to use similar-looking beads when I made dolls when I was young.

I'm so disappointed that her book is out of print.
  • edited April 2006
    is it? well, if there's a pattern you want i can try and xerox it for you!

i jsut realized that "sewer" could really be misconstrued, so i amend my earlier statement to instead say that i am a poor seamstress.