We are going to make a belt meet happen, Goddamnit!

edited December 2011 in Travel and Meetups
Seriously, there has been talk of a meet of Belters for years now, but we are finally going to make it happen.

We will be finding a time and location which suites the greatest number of people, and we will fucking get something organised!

I think something like this should be 18+, mainly because Jake would be there.

But in all seriousness, Mario has raised good concerns underagers meeting people from the internet.

Let's do this!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Come visit me, you bastards.

I'm convalescing and crap.
  • edited May 2010
    My cash is plentiful and my time could be better spent. I'm all up for hanging out with God, considering he lives in my state.
  • edited June 2010
    My pad is always open for meeting up and greeting up!
  • edited June 2010
    I'm already in the US goddamnit. Until June 14. In Chicago and Michigan area next week.
  • edited June 2010
    ;o
  • edited June 2010
    Greg and I are taking a trip up to Pennsylvania at the end of the summer for a few weeks. It's a road trip so I'm sure we'd be able to take a little detour as long as it doesn't take up too much time.
  • edited October 2010
    Right! In an attempt to kick myself into action, I have opened an ISA account to save money for a trip to the states next year.

I've reckoned I'd have enough saved up by about July for a return flight to Chicago, which is relatively central and well served by Amtrak, so people from Texas and California would have no problems getting there.

What say you guys? Meet up next July/August?
  • edited October 2010
    Nobody uses trains in this country, they're expensive and slow. Chicago has 2 airports though. I'm always up for a OB meet-up. The rest of you lazy fuckers need to come out too.
  • edited October 2010
    As of now I have nothing on my agenda for next year, so consider me in the running.
  • edited October 2010
    Not exactly easy access, but Greg and I could certainly make a trip to Chicago; we were already thinking of making another road trip to Pennsylvania this summer anyway.

...... HOLY SHIT. I just told Greg we were going to go to Chicago in July, and he said "Wait, when in July? Make sure it's late July."

I said "Yeah, we were planning late July or sometime in August. Why?"

And he said "Think about it. What's in late July this next year? They still card in Chicago."

DUDE. I'll be 21 after July 20th. THIS SHIT IS GOING DOWN. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!
  • edited October 2010
    For the record, if both Bruce and me are able to get to Chicago, the rest of you have no legitimate excuse for not going.
  • edited October 2010
    We're not all wealthy, international businessmen who can pick up and fly around the world on a whim, Mr. I'm-a-wealthy-international-businessman-who-can-pick-up-and-fly-around-the-world-on-a-whim.
  • edited October 2010
    I was a bit confused and thought this conversation was happening in the moderators' section, and was like... whoa, we have a lot of moderators.

Wait I mean THERE IS NO MODERATORS' SECTION THE MODERATORS' SECTION DOES NOT EXIST.
  • edited October 2010
    You're right, I shouldn't make such assumptions Mr-I-work-at-the-gas-company-and-make-enough-money-to-fly-to-China-on-a-whim-when-I-found-out-that-Tanya-will-be-stopping-by-China-for-a-few-days-to-see-Ryan-in-October.
  • edited October 2010
    Well I'm piss-poor if that makes anybody feel better.
  • edited October 2010
    Just to add incentive, anyone who goes will be allowed to touch my butt.
  • edited October 2010
    Through clothes or bare?
  • edited October 2010
    depends how much beer you give him.
  • edited October 2010
    Anyone that makes it to Australia will be able to touch my beard.

Although I take no liability for any injuries that may occur.
  • edited October 2010
    OMFG! HEY! We should all go to Australia. Chicago sucks ass anyway. Australia would be totally awesome!
  • edited October 2010
    Eh. I've already been to Australia.

... Really, Australia is pretty freakin awesome. Still, let's go to Chicago. I have a legitimate excuse to visit (I gots family up there) and it'll make a good stop on an even bigger roadtrip.
  • edited October 2010
    This is why I won't go to Australia.

zman042.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Well, when you put it that way, Australia doesn't seem very fun at all.
  • edited October 2010
    Australia is definitely high on my Places I Want to Visit Someday List, but travel expenses are prohibitive when you have to cross enough time zones to actually travel through time into the future. I would vote for Chicago.
  • edited October 2010
    I've always wanted to go to Chicago. Purely because of the Blues Brothers.
  • edited October 2010
    I might actually be on reasonably secure financial footing this summer, now that I've finally gotten out of tech support and landed a job in the glamourous field of code-monkeying. Hell, I might even have a car by then (which is good, since there's no way in Hell I'm going through security at a US airport.) Not sure if I can give a definitive "count me in" yet, but things are looking up.
  • edited February 2011
    Sooo any further updates about this trip? Greg and I are still thinking of doing a roadtrip at the end of summer, and as long as we start saving for it now, a trip to Chicago could definitely happen.
  • edited February 2011
    Not sure when I'll be in the US. Maybe in the summer? Not decided at the moment.
  • edited March 2011
    Everyone except Ryan fails at communication.

I'm guessing this isn't happening then?
  • edited March 2011
    I'm up for it. All my resources are at your disposal to make this happen.