Critique My Sprite Comic! Do it!

edited July 2010 in Comics
Well, I whipped together a little comic, and I want your guys-es critiquing.

Everything was done by me, including ripping the sprite.

ukqk7.png

So go ahead! Tear me to shreds with your words! Tell me what's wrong with it (besides the lack of a background, the lack of funniness, and the fact that my last name means "leftovers")! Do your worst!

It's bad, and I can tell! Tell me what I can do to improve it! Please!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Turn off anti-aliasing in whatever app you used to make it, for a start.
  • edited July 2010
    I like it; simple enough. Now start working on backgrounds to add to your comic!
  • edited July 2010
    how about you stop right there because it was fucking dreadful.
  • edited July 2010
    Night Lord wrote:
    Turn off anti-aliasing in whatever app you used to make it, for a start.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.
    Mish42 wrote:
    I like it; simple enough. Now start working on backgrounds to add to your comic!

Thanks Mish! Do you see anything else that needs work?
    how about you stop right there because it was fucking dreadful.

Dude, that's improper grammar, you're supposed to capitalize the first letter in the first word in a sentence.

That punctuation is spot on though.
  • edited July 2010
    The red aura around the text is pretty cool personally, and I'm for some reason eternally entertained with the fact that you actually added shadows.
  • edited July 2010
    Azrodal wrote: »
    The red aura around the text is pretty cool personally, and I'm for some reason eternally entertained with the fact that you actually added shadows.

Shadows are something I've been seeing in a few sprite comics, it's not necessary, and I suppose it sort of defeats the purpose of having a sprite comic, but I like it.

The aura is derived from Tale of the Cave, I intend to use different colors as identifiers for who is talking, i.e. Luigi is green, Samus is orange, Kirby is pink, Link is dark green etc.

Thanks for the compliments! See anything wrong with it?
  • edited July 2010
    Indeed, the colors help a ton, I don't really see anything wrong with it except the lack of background.
  • edited July 2010
    It's a bit hard to critique an intro comic. There's just... not much to it yet.
  • edited July 2010
    Davey wrote: »
    Dude, that's improper grammar, you're supposed to capitalize the first letter in the first word in a sentence.

That punctuation is spot on though.

bitch why don't you say that to my face oh wait you can't because you're just some anon punk on the fucking internet fucking owned LMAO
  • edited July 2010
    Azrodal wrote:
    Indeed, the colors help a ton, I don't really see anything wrong with it except the lack of background.

Cool, I'm working on that whole background thing now.
    hlavco wrote:
    It's a bit hard to critique an intro comic. There's just... not much to it yet.

Well, as far as story goes, yeah, you're right, but I'm more asking about the look of the comic.
    bitch why don't you say that to my face oh wait you can't because you're just some anon punk on the fucking internet fucking owned LMAO

You still didn't capitalize that first letter correctly.

EDIT: Edited the original post with an updated comic:

1. I added an aura to the speech stems leading to the words.
    2. I originally wanted Mario to say something in the second panel but I couldn't think of anything good (or even half-decent) at the time of writing the comic, so I just left it blank, but two beats of awkward silence seemed like too much, so I forced myself to think of something to throw in there.
  • edited July 2010

I like this kid.
  • edited July 2010
    You still didn't capitalize that first letter correctly.

What? WHAT WAS THAT? Sorry I must have misheard, I thought I heard a giant faggot mouthing off at me with something he sure as fuck could never back up, but it must have just been my imagination. Because after I imagined hearing that, I proceeded to imagine how good it would feel to break that persons fucking spinal cord over my knee. I imagined how my next step is usually to rip out one of the persons fucking ribs and jab it straight through their nose into their brain cavity. I imagined pulling that rib back out, and then brainfucking that dead faggot through the new massive hole in his face I created.

But I didn't really hear anything, right? no one would be fucking dumb enough to talk to me like that on here.
  • edited July 2010
    What? WHAT WAS THAT? Sorry I must have misheard, I thought I heard a giant faggot mouthing off at me with something he sure as fuck could never back up, but it must have just been my imagination. Because after I imagined hearing that, I proceeded to imagine how good it would feel to break that persons fucking spinal cord over my knee. I imagined how my next step is usually to rip out one of the persons fucking ribs and jab it straight through their nose into their brain cavity. I imagined pulling that rib back out, and then brainfucking that dead faggot through the new massive hole in his face I created.

But I didn't really hear anything, right? no one would be fucking dumb enough to talk to me like that on here.

Congratulations ReallyCleanSocks! You did it! With the exception of the last sentence in this post, you used proper grammar and punctuation in every single sentence! See? Proper punctuation and grammar isn't that hard when you try!

I'm so proud of you. *sniffle*
  • edited July 2010
    You think you're so fucking tough over the Internet but I could beat the shit out of you in real life, buddy. Get off your freaking Dell you bought from Best Buy and come face me in the real world, nerd. Yeah, you won't. I have a black belt in karate and I am expertly trained in ninjutsu, plus I have a GUN as well as expert nunchucku skills. You wouldn't last three seconds against me in a real world fight, fucker. So run off to mommy and nurse your wounds while I stand here, bench-pressing 350 pounds all day every day, laughing at how weak and stupid you are. It's really quite pathetic when you look at it. Here we see some little fuckin' kid talking big on the Internet, but we both know that if you were face to face with me in real life your big fucking mouth would stay shut once you took a gander at my biceps - before I pounded you into the fucking sidewalk with them, that is. Are you going to cry now, little bitch? Are you going to cry?
  • edited July 2010
    You think you're so fucking tough over the Internet but I could beat the shit out of you in real life, buddy. Get off your freaking Dell you bought from Best Buy and come face me in the real world, nerd. Yeah, you won't. I have a black belt in karate and I am expertly trained in ninjutsu, plus I have a GUN as well as expert nunchucku skills. You wouldn't last three seconds against me in a real world fight, fucker. So run off to mommy and nurse your wounds while I stand here, bench-pressing 350 pounds all day every day, laughing at how weak and stupid you are. It's really quite pathetic when you look at it. Here we see some little fuckin' kid talking big on the Internet, but we both know that if you were face to face with me in real life your big fucking mouth would stay shut once you took a gander at my biceps - before I pounded you into the fucking sidewalk with them, that is. Are you going to cry now, little bitch? Are you going to cry?

I love you too, buddy.
  • edited July 2010
    hahahaha fucking queer u love men
  • edited July 2010
    Hmmm. I'm not sure who's trolling who anymore.
    Are we doing the May Flame War thing again? It's not May...
  • edited July 2010
    what the fuck is trolling, i'm owning this faggot so fucking hard
  • edited July 2010
    The punchline is much better with the cheesy line in the second panel, and from reading this thread I can tell you won't have too much of an issue with the whole writing thing.

I must applaud RCS though, for such a fantastic comedic improv writing exercise.
  • edited July 2010
    NoLonger wrote:
    The punchline is much better with the cheesy line in the second panel, and from reading this thread I can tell you won't have too much of an issue with the whole writing thing.

Thanks for the compliments! Do you see anything wrong with it?
  • edited July 2010
    I see tons of things wrong with it.

1. it's not funny

2. it's a sprite comic

3. it's a sprite comic

4. you're a fucking faggot
  • edited July 2010
    you're a fucking faggot

Heh, that's ironic.
  • edited July 2010
    Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? I did not just hear that. If I did, that means somebody in this world just had their fucking throat snapped and their spinal cord broken in at least 5 places. I can't believe the fantasies you're having of my 13 inch dick fucking you in the ass while you try to jerk yourself off but you can't because you're getting fucked so fucking hard. God you're fucking sick.
  • edited July 2010
    Right. Well, this was fun, now get the hell off my thread.

BTW I added you to my buddy list.
  • edited July 2010
    What you can't handle a negative opinion about your shitty comic from a professional comic maker? What a hypocrite.
  • edited July 2010
    OH MY GOD SCOTT SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Successful troll is successful.
  • edited July 2010
    I am really confused.
  • edited July 2010
    that's right you don't fuck with this shit >B)
  • edited July 2010
    Right so anyway, as I was saying, would a close up on Mario's face in panel 2 serve me well?

Oh and speaking of your comic, I went to your website, and it's pretty nice. Well done man.
  • edited July 2010
    i see right through your attempts to get on my good side but I will not make friends with an unhonorable whelp like yourself
This discussion has been closed.