Endless Homestuck Thread

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Yeah, it's certainly information-dense to a somewhat ridiculous degree, but I feel like I caught a lot more after a few watch-throughs. Like, I hadn't quite realized what Jade was doing with Skaia and the other planets, until I remembered she had promised Echidna she would take all the denizens and planet inhabitants with them when they escaped The Scratch.
  • edited November 2011
    Universe reboot!
  • edited November 2011
    I'm so happy about this! Reminds me of simpler times, when I didn't have to juggle around five different storylines. Of course, I know I should still be paying attention because every single detail will be vitally important later on.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, because I'm sure that elements from the old universe won't come into play at all in the story to come. :P
  • edited February 2012
    I recently read through the Homestuck archives for the first time. This comic is insane! Brilliantly amazing, but insane.
  • edited February 2012
    I hope you've read Problem Sleuth as well. Jailbreak is worth reading too. Looking at it in terms of Jailbreak -> Problem Sleuth -> Homestuck, the insanity is maybe less surprising.
  • edited February 2012
    Yep, read both. The order of my read was:
    *HOMESTUCK
    *JAILBREAK
    *PROBLEM SLEUTH

I also started Bard Quest after Jailbreak, but I never really got into that one. Problem Sleuth was amazing, and I'm glad I read Jailbreak if for no other reason than it allowed me to catch all the references made to it in later works.
  • edited February 2012
    Bard Quest is super short, so you don't really need to get into it to cover the whole thing. But yeah, the running gags between the different series are great.
  • edited February 2012

Found an awesome remix of John's battle theme. Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the Music thread.
  • edited March 2012
    So, uh, what just happened? Jane failed to enter and her house got beamed into the Baroness' ship? Strider and Lalonde wound up (or have always been) in a flooded future?
  • edited March 2012
    The fork thing. Why did I not make that connection sooner?

Also I think it gets a bit confusing because it shows a time lapse for Jane that seems to go from present to future, but other time lapses for other kids seem to be past->present if I gathered that correctly.

ETA: On a second look I'm starting to wonder if these 4 current kids are necessarily operating in the same timeframe...
  • edited March 2012
    Fork thing? You mean the whole Pisces Ancestor = Batterwitch thing?
    XoLore wrote: »
    ETA: On a second look I'm starting to wonder if these 4 current kids are necessarily operating in the same timeframe...

That's...such a brilliantly out-of-the-box yet simple answer that would explain so much. I wouldn't be surprised now if that were what was happening.
  • edited March 2012
    That's exactly what's happening: Dirk and Roxy live in the future (as evidenced by Roxy getting attacked by the exile mob).

I think Jane did enter, but through inaction. Each player so far had to interact with the cruxite in some capacity to enter The Medium (John eating the apple, Rose breaking the bottle, Dave hatching the egg, Jade hitting the piñata). It all ties into symbolic gestures representing each player's personal journey (the wiki has some decent theories). I'd guess Jane's journey will progress similarly to John's, in that most of his progress was accidental or guided by others.
  • edited March 2012
    So now he's throwing in the pre-Alternian-scratch trolls. As if things weren't confusing enough already.
  • edited March 2012
    Well yes. Hussie himself is the biggest troll of all. I'm pretty sure he will never go for too long without throwing yet another confusing twist just to make sure nobody is actually terribly sure exactly what's going on.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah, let's face it: post-scratch Guardian John & co and the pre-scratch Ancestor Karkat & co will probably make an appearance somehow (despite Poppop-John etc. being dead)
  • edited March 2012
    At least he's using a pre-established mechanism for communicating with the long deceased. Gotta love them dream bubbles.
  • edited April 2012
    An observation:

All the planets pre-scratch epitomized the kid's respective element. The Hero of Breath had a windy land, the Hero of Light had a land of light, etc. Post-scratch, however, the opposite seems true: Jane, the Maid of Life, has been placed in a dead land.

Just thought that was interesting.
  • edited April 2012
    I like this interpretation. I also liked playing Myststuck!
  • edited April 2012
    RE: Jane's new guide.

*Ahem*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!
  • edited April 2012
    My reaction exactly
  • edited April 2012
    Wow. That refrigerator was one of the more shockingly unexpected panels.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm horrified/traumatized. Traumorritizified.

That portmanteau was a more natural combination than Tavrisprite.
  • edited April 2012
    Wait a second, how did Gamzee even get there?
  • edited April 2012
    And why was he selling "potions" that are almost certainly just the blood of the various dead trolls he's collected?

A good question to which there may not be an answer yet. Either way the place is very full of balloons and dead persons which probably suits Gamzee quite well.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm sure they're not just blood. There's probably large quantities of Faygo mixed in.
  • edited May 2012
    Jack is not very good at this jailbreak business. I think he needs to go back and read the jailbreak comic.

EDIT: Wait...that might not be a good example.
  • edited May 2012
    Hooray! Finally some development on the Dignitary!

I'm hoping that the three iterations of Slick manage to meet somehow. I'd like to see how their different personal histories have shaped them and changed their reactions. (Oh who am I kidding; they'd all just stab each other.)

Also, crossing my fingers that the Droll will, in fact, get his grubby little hands on that warmech.
  • edited August 2012
    Oh wait, why have I not posted this:
    http://www.prequeladventure.com/

It's not homestuck but it came from the homestuck forums. There is a girl. She is sort of a cat. It's in the world possibly known to players of the Elder Scrolls games. When homestuck seems stuck, this may be able to fill your homestuck time.
  • edited August 2012
    i tried reading that once and just got really really bored and stopped.