OB Meetup Attempt #65,742 - Chicago, December 2011

edited August 2011 in Travel and Meetups
So, I'm going to the US this Christmas and planning to stay until around New Years or so. Would anyone be interested in a meetup in Chicago roughly around New Years Eve?

I have talked with a few of you about it already, but I wanted to see here if anyone is interested. Thoughts?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I would love to but Chicago is not in my budget.
  • edited August 2011
    I can try, but I highly doubt I'll be able to take vacation during a holiday.
  • edited August 2011
    I also have to doubt my budget. I'm sure those that do get to go will have an awesome time though; or a miserable time... one of the two. (I'm sure it'll be fun.)
  • edited August 2011
    This only works if you have a layover in YVR.
  • edited August 2011
    If there were actually gonna be people other than Ryan there I'd think about it.
  • edited August 2011
    My main issue is that, since I work in retail, December falls within a vacation blackout period for the holidays. There's no way I'd be able to get any time off for such a trip. Any time after January and before November is good for me.
  • edited August 2011
    Can't tell if X means he can only justify a trip to see several friends instead of just one, or if I'm not technically a friend at all :(
  • edited August 2011
    Well, you COULD be an imaginary friend. I can't say for sure until I see you in person now can I?
  • edited August 2011
    And that's also why he wants a third party present, for secondary confirmation
  • edited August 2011
    Touche.
  • edited August 2011
    I could probably do this.
  • edited August 2011
    Would anyone object to piling into a single hotel room to save costs? I know money is tight for a lot of people, so for the night of the 31st we could save money assuming that we're all okay sharing a hotel room in Chicago with a bunch of strangers from the Internet.

To add spice to the deal, whoever is my Little Spoon will get a discount on their share of the room. And whoever is my Big Spoon gets their share covered.
  • edited August 2011
    I'd do this if I have the money at that time. I'm possibly going to a Lions game in early December, so I don't know what my vacation budget will be.

And FYI, I'm an awesome spoon.