An Original Revolution

edited September 2011 in Comics
So, most of you guys have at least heard of the Beatles' "Revolution 9" on the white album (the trippy one, not the one that goes "you say you want a revolution...).

Most people think it's really scary, trippy, or outright retarded. But after doing some research on it, I learned that every little sound, and every bit of the music is carefully crafted and selected to promote the atmosphere of the entire song. It's basically music's version of Conceptual Art.

After admiring this song for a few years, I decided I would have a crack at it, and try to make my own song of the same "genre." So, this is what I came up with, and I wanted to share with you:

Download that shit!

It's a long download, it's a 9 minute song. You don't have to listen to the entire piece, but it would be appreciated.

A few things you should know going in though. Yes, all the sounds are selected carefully and not just random bits of gibberish that I threw together. They have meaning, and if you point out a certain sound I will gladly tell you why it's there. Yes, it's long. Some parts are ugly. But that's what it's about: not what sounds good, but what conveys my purpose.

So, from anyone who's brave enough, I'd like to know what you think.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    It's okay, but it seems to lack any sort of melody at all. Even Revolution 9 had a melody.