If you buy one of these, you are blind.

edited July 18 in Tech
Some people have been faking the iPods in an attempt to make money.

The designs of these fakes barely look like a real iPod, and any idiot can tell that they're not real.

If you buy one thinking its real, well then, you're just stupid.

http://www.ipodgear.com/2006/04/counterfeit-apple-ipod-nanos-and-shuffles.php Fake iPods.

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Pfeh. Obviously. You can see the strings and everything.

But in all seriousness, though the two are different in appearance, people won't necessarily know exactly what an iPod looks like on its own. But it might just seem that way to me because I haven't been staring at iPods for hours on end. And that they seem to come out with a new design every two hours doesn't help.
  • edited April 2006
    Think about parents/grandparents who are unfamiliar with newer technologies. When the kid puts "iPod" on a wishlist, and the purchaser finds a website where they can get it cheaper, maybe they won't look too closely at the button labels. I don't think they deserve your scorn.
  • edited April 2006
    Who's to say that the imitations don't work comparatively as well as a real iPod?

Counterfeiters have standards too, you know.
  • edited April 2006
    mario wrote:
    Think about parents/grandparents who are unfamiliar with newer technologies. When the kid puts "iPod" on a wishlist, and the purchaser finds a website where they can get it cheaper, maybe they won't look too closely at the button labels. I don't think they deserve your scorn.

I don`t care how old you get. You should know better than to buy something with Counterfeit stamped on the front in big red letters.
  • edited April 2006
    Damn, I feel stupid now.
  • godgod
    edited April 2006
    i dont want an ipod anyways
  • edited April 2006
    mario wrote:

Meaning no disrespect, I said if you buy it you are blind, and old people generally have declining eyesight, thus fall under that category.
  • edited April 2006
    I believe you also used the word "stupid."
  • edited April 2006
    Senility FTW!
  • edited April 2006
    Senility is always FTW.

So wait, there's a group somewhere that's producing ipod counterfeits and selling them to large stores and they haven't been caught yet? How hard is it to track something like that down?
  • godgod
    edited April 2006
    apparently, the answer is extremely. or at least fairly
  • edited April 2006
    The makers of the counterfeit should write "NOT A COUNTERFEIT IPOD" all over the box. Then no one will ever suspect.
  • edited April 2006
    I dunno, I suspect that maybe, just possibly, it might peak a little bit of suspicion from one or two people. Maybe.
  • edited April 2006
    Behemoth wrote:
    I don`t care how old you get. You should know better than to buy something with Counterfeit stamped on the front in big red letters.

LOL
  • edited April 2006
    Thank you, It's nice to know I'm appreciated by someone.
  • edited April 2006
    I tried to acknowledge it, I was too vague. I have failed you! *Sobs*