Forum Shuffle (discussion thread)

edited July 2023 in Forum Support
For this announcement: http://www.theorangebelt.org/forums/announcement.php?f=10

What do you think, sirs?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    So what you're saying is I don't have to scroll down a bunch all the time to see if you got any posts in other sections? Sounds good to me.
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah, that was basically the idea. There are lots of old discussions I think should be retained in those older forums, so it makes sense to keep them around, but they were taking up a lot of vertical space for being inactive for so long.
  • edited September 2013
    More forum shuffling! Based on discussions I've had with various folks regarding our Tokyo Drift migration, I've broken a lot of our General Discussion and For SCIENCE! threads out into several discussion categories. My hope is that this will make it easier for people to find discussions on various topics, group like threads together going forward, and prevent the majority of our threads from being sorted into one of two forums.

I'll be spending a lot of time sifting through General and Games (For SCIENCE!'s rename, since that was always its primary purpose) to move their threads out to more appropriate categories.

I also repurposed Gamercrafts as a more general forum for community creative works called Arts and Crafts. I'll start moving threads into it from The Conservatory (now a dedicated Comics category).

The Orange Belt Sites has been renamed Community Projects and will include all currently active sites and projects run by community members.

The Abode of Code has been deleted due to inactivity. All its threads have been preserved and moved to other forums (mostly General).