You Are Not The Hero

edited October 2013 in Games
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812850535/you-are-not-the-hero

Cool game concept!

But :holdit: That opening video looks AWFULLY FAMILIAR.

I guess I'll back it anyway.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Ok, can you and I at least get a writer's credit on that? Pretty much a direct adaptation. I think we can sue them. I know the law after all. I've been playing the new Phoenix Wright game a lot.
  • edited October 2013
    I had forgotten about your NPC comic. That thing was/is funny. I'm not sure the game will be as funny, but it would probably be fun I guess. It's a concept that has needed to be seen for a long time but strangely nobody ever pulled it off yet.
  • edited October 2013
    EXCEPT ME AND MATT COPYRIGHT TRADEMARK MATT AND MARIO FOREVER TMTMTM
  • edited October 2013
    I meant nobody pulled off a GAME of that concept. If somebody wanted to make a comic or act like they come up with the idea or something you and Matt totally got dibs on the idea.
  • edited October 2013
    Dibs are legally binding. I read that on the internet.
  • Follow-up: I backed the KickStarter at a level that let me put a custom gravestone in the game. Figured it was a good opportunity to sneak in a reference to our comic:

"BILLY DIDN'T KNOW HIS STATION
    FROM A TOWNSFOLK LIFE DID STRAY
    SUFFERED DRAGON-SOURCED CREMATION
    HEROICS... NOT HIS FORTÉ

ALSO APPARENTLY HIS NAME WAS GEOFF"
  • Basically the comic is now canonically part of the game. I think we got the upper hand in the end.
  • Oh man, it's the extended Marioverse. Imagine the crossovers! Zelda meets Kid icarus meets Bubble Bobble?
  • That's awesome, Mario! Now I definitely need to get the game when it gets a wide release.
  • I promise to geek out and enthusiastically explain the backstory if I ever come across someone playing the game stumbling across the tomb stone. I will be the superior gamer in such a situation..... Yessss.... It will be glorious.