What the fuck is the internet?

edited July 2023 in Tech
A couple of months ago I was introduced to Spotify by some coworkers. I had no idea what this thing was. I don't use the Twitter. Instagram confuses me. I imagine SnapChat is just a way for teenagers to send each other pictures of genitalia.

What newfangled technologies am I missing out on? What newfangled technologies do you not understand?

My goal here is to learn about the new ways the future allows us to share pictures of our junk with each other, not to complain about these kids on my lawn. I guess if you want to complain, though, that's fine too?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I think there is some Vine thing that makes 6 second video loops or something? I have basically no information on it as I think it's some phone app thing and I don't really get caught up in silly phone apps.

Most of the new stuff seems artificially limiting on actual communication and I'm not really fond of it. So...kids/lawn/etc. I guess.
  • edited November 2013
    Vine is fun enough in the right situation. I don't use it personally, but my friends do some pretty fun things with it. I still don't get the point of Instagram, but maybe I'm just not as in love with sepia tones as everyone else.