WTF 6:35 MISSING, YO

edited February 2006 in 6:35
Hi, sorry about the lack of 6:35. After DI informed me that my registration had expired, I thought it a bit strange that it had expired so early in the year, and I revisited my site-- the domain is now for sale by a third party.

After Mario and I called GoDaddy tech support all day, it appears that my identity had been falsified and the possession of my domain was turned over to some other party. We're turning in some forms now to verify my identity, and I also purchased sixthirtyfive.net. In the event that I can't get sixthirtyfive.com back in a timely fashion, I'm going to be building a new site at sixthirtyfive.net.

Don't register domains through GoDaddy.

Comments

• edited January 2006
    Geez. That sounds pretty serious. And who would steal a website, anyway? And a comic website?
  • edited January 2006
    Wow.

That's some serious arseholery.

Go crack some skulls in the name of justice.
  • edited January 2006
    Wow, who would have thought that a internet site company that relies on having women dancing with their boobs against a window in their advertisments, would be unreliable?
  • edited January 2006
    Where was this now, and why was I not informed?
  • edited January 2006
    And that's the story of why I transferred zeldacomic.net from GoDaddy to Dreamhost today.
  • edited January 2006
    why are the computer gods so angry at you??? boo.
  • edited February 2006
    Boo!
  • edited February 2006
    I got into the good graces of the computer gods by corrupting my own registry in the past and nearly losing all my data, and more recently blew out a crappy proprietary power supply.
    They are gods of chaos. They demand catastrophe.
  • edited February 2006
    *pats Stef on her shoulder*
  • edited February 2006
    Thank you, Audric.

Just to keep you updated, I obviously do not have the domain back yet. I'm going to start building a site on sixthirtyfive.net as soon as I'm finished a few forum tasks. Cross your fingers that I get sixthirtyfive.com back soon.
  • edited February 2006
    bloody godaddy. So, they're slow, expensive, AND they sell your domain name just to make you buy it back from someone else??? That's awesome.

By the by, the 'latest' button still links to the .com site and comes up with stevehall3333's statement of having screwed you over.

EDIT:
    oh no... now they're coming on to me... I got a message from them this morning
    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/holiday/valentine2006/playmovie.asp?isc=gdh0214&se=%2B
  • edited February 2006
    Yeah, not too fond of GoDaddy right now. Though I'm relieved that we figured out that the domain purchase seems to have been legit (i.e., no identity theft), I still don't understand how GoDaddy has no record of me ever owning the domain. Though perhaps that slip-up explains why I got no email notifying me of the domain's imminent expiration.

Dude, that is one creepy-looking Valentine.
  • edited February 2006
    Double post of:

Oh yeah. Aside from a few quirks like the one Geoko mentioned, www.sixthirtyfive.net is still available for your perusal.