Some Noncomics Updatin'

2»

Comments

• edited July 2006
    Tanku Tanku. Anyways, I suggest you read the Water Margin, I guess there are like 5 great chinese literatures and ROTK and Water Margin are two of them. The Water Margin has also been made into a game series, known as "Suikoden"

And I hate MTV and all those gossip magazines that basically throw around rumors and what looks like what and how to do this stupid thing to make yourself look better or something. Pop-news kind of sucks.
  • jcjc
    edited July 2006
    I hate to harp on a point, and I especially hate to defend celebrity news, but 'real news' is extremely, extremely depressing, whereas pop-news is generally hilarious. I mean, I know a whole bunch of people died today. A whole bunch of people die every day, and it's terrible. Tell me about how stupid Kevin Federline is.

edit: just to be clear, I totally understand your position and also mostly hate celebrity news.
  • edited July 2006
    I get it, And that's true, Like Bill Hicks said,
    I don't understand anything, so there you go ... You know what my problem is? I watch too much news, man. That's my problem, that's why I'm so depressed all the time. I figured it out. I watch too much CNN, man. I don't know if you've ever sat around and watched CNN more than, I don't know, 20 hours in one day ... I don't recommend that. Watch CNN Headline News for 1 hour, it's the most depressing thing you'll ever fu**ing do. 'WAR, FAMINE, DEATH, AIDS, HOMELESS, RECESSION, DEPRESSION. WAR, FAMINE, DEATH, AIDS, HOMELESS ...' Then, you look out your window ... [makes cricket noises] Where's all this shit happening? Ted Turner's making this shit up! Jane Fonda won't sleep with him, he runs to a typewriter: '"By 1992, we will all die of AIDS." Read that on the air. I don't get laid, no one gets laid!' I'm writing Jane Fonda: 'Will you f**k this guy so we can get some good news, please?' I want to see a well-laid Ted Turner newscast: 'Hey, it's all going to work out. Here's sports.'"

But some of the Celeb news, though slightly entertaining, is just annoying, seeing how shallow those magazines can get.
  • edited July 2006
    Once you know a bit of history, you find that "real news" is pretty much all just reruns, anyway.
  • jcjc
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, it's all the same, except for the people, locations, and events.
  • edited July 2006
    Don't forget the dates!
  • jcjc
    edited July 2006
    Oh, right, the dates!

But other than all of those things, exactly the same.
  • edited July 2006
    Exactly my point.
  • edited July 2006
    Stef, you were taking the wrong classes in college! I had a seminar on Civil War and Genocide that actually met in our dorm. Which was convenient, b/c after class every week when I was totally depressed, I could just head straight upstairs and lay in bed and watch cartoons. On the plus side, I'm actually more aware of all the crappy shit that's gone on all over the world in the last 50 years!