edited November 2006 in Tech
Merry upcoming-Christmas and such.

picture3rf1.th.png

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Thats gotta be distracting.
  • godgod
    edited November 2006
    I should put up real lights on my moniter...
  • edited November 2006
    I need a scale replica of Santa Claus next to my computer desk...
  • edited November 2006
    Goodness gracious Night Lord, I can't believe you actually use that abomination of a program. If you want to be festive, do it with something tasteful, like a snowflake screensaver. I'll post mine up in a little while.
  • edited November 2006
    Meh...I've been keeping my desktop decked out with Twilight Princess images Since, like, October. Maybe I'll grab an image of that Ice Dungeon for kicks.
  • edited November 2006
    mario wrote: »
    Goodness gracious Night Lord, I can't believe you actually use that abomination of a program. If you want to be festive, do it with something tasteful, like a snowflake screensaver. I'll post mine up in a little while.

It's just a widget on the desktop. And I cannot seem to find a snow falling widget.

Edit: Using my L33t ha><><0r skills (sorry), I downloaded a screensaver of snow, and using a command in the terminal (/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background) I set it as my desktop. Festive!

picture2pv2.th.png
  • edited November 2006
    deku12345 wrote: »
    Thats gotta be distracting.

I agree.

However, about the falling snowflakes... I used to have a code that added them to InvisionFree forums (like mine), but I don't know where it went. It'd be cool to find again, though.
  • edited November 2006
    Can you do that on a pc? That would be kinda neat.
  • edited November 2006
    You can't :P
  • edited November 2006
    I think you might be able to, actually. My sister is a mac wannabe. She has a Dell, but she downloaded some mac-ish operating system, so her desktop looks like a mac, full with the big ass icons hanging up on the top. I don't know much more about it, though.
  • edited November 2006
    Screensaver backgrounds can severely slow down your computer. I just meant use a festive Christmasy screensaver, so it only comes up when you aren't using the computer. Blinking lights and falling snow can get in the way of productivity.
  • edited November 2006
    mario wrote: »
    Screensaver backgrounds can severely slow down your computer. I just meant use a festive Christmasy screensaver, so it only comes up when you aren't using the computer. Blinking lights and falling snow can get in the way of productivity.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be awesome then.

Plus, my computer has 2 gigs of ram, I'm not worried about a little animated desktop slowing anything down.
  • edited November 2006
    Meh, I'm gonna stick with my BrikWars wallpaper for now

do the snowflakes on your backround move?
  • edited November 2006
    That should be "their" in your sig.
  • edited November 2006
    Meh, I'm gonna stick with my BrikWars wallpaper for now

do the snowflakes on your backround move?

You bet your bowler hat they do!
  • edited November 2006
    I need a mac....
  • edited November 2006
    Yes. Yes you do.
  • edited November 2006
    I could throw java applets or flash animations on my desktop. Animated gif files can do the trick too. That does not make it a good idea.
  • edited November 2006
    Night Lord wrote: »
    Yes. Yes you do.

Oh lord, here we go with this again. :rolleyes:

*puts on nerdy PC guy costume from commercial* I deny you, mac-man!
  • edited November 2006
    Yeah, Agentcel, you really should get a mac, they are better.

*whips out hip young mac guy clothes*

I would never bet such a fine hat.