Thanks a lot, STEF

You're always talking about how bees are awesome. Now the bees have a chip on their shoulder. 3 million of them, drunk on high self-esteem, decided it would be funny to infest this poor couple's apartment:
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- A south Florida couple was happy to not be sharing their home with millions of bees. Jesus Molina said he and his girlfriend were ready to buzz off after a swarm of bees invaded the kitchen wall of their Miami Beach apartment.

Molina said the bees were there for at least two and a half years. The couple finally had enough and called in the professionals.

"So we're trying to, like, get rid of most of them, but without professional help we can't. So now we almost … They're biting me!'" Molina screamed, running from the home during an interview with reporters.

Beekeepers removed more than 3 million bees from the apartment. They also extracted nearly 60 pounds of honey.

Beekeepers said the insects got in through a small hole and built a home in the kitchen cabinet.

I see a direct correlation between you adopting the Bee as a familiar and the bee's meteoritic rise in arrogant shenanigans. What do you have to say, Ms. Pulford?

Comments

• edited December 2006
    I blame those Latinos
  • edited December 2006
    That puts 20 Bees man to shame. 3 million > 20.
  • edited December 2006
    "So we're trying to, like, get rid of most of them, but without professional help we can't. So now we almost … They're biting me!'" Molina screamed, running from the home during an interview with reporters.

That's the funniest thing I've seen all week.

Also, I support bee dominance, just so long that it does not encroach on amoeba dominance.
  • edited December 2006
    It was probably wasps in bee suits. It's getting to be a fairly common problem.
  • edited December 2006
    I think this is a very apt comparison to the current trend of mexican immigrants, we need to have beekeepers remove them, and extract their precious mexican honey.
  • edited December 2006
    Yes, Jake, I take personal credit for running this couple out of their apartment WITH 60 POUNDS OF AWESOME.

All we get in this stupid apartment is a leaky roof, dammit.
  • edited December 2006
    I get spiders in and out...
  • edited December 2006
    One spoonful of honey:
    -Calm Nerves
    Two spoonfuls of honey:
    -???
    Three hundred billion-trillion spoonfuls of honey:
    -Profit!
  • edited April 2008
    More Bee shenanigans!

Cloud Of Bees Swarming In 'Tornado Pattern' Chases Diners From Restaurant
    A giant cloud of thousands of bees mysteriously appeared and began to swirl in a "tornado pattern" around a Central Florida Mexican restaurant.

Customers at Oxie's restaurant located near Highway 17-92 and Plymouth Avenue in DeLand said they noticed a cloud in the sky and thought it was raining. They then realized, the cloud was a swarm of bees.

"A lot of people said it was bees and ran to their cars," restaurant owner Oxie Ochiana said. "It was scary. I was panicking. I didn't know what to do."

Witnesses said the bees began to swirl like a tornado and menace customers Thursday.

"I looked and it was like a tornado of bees just all around our parking lot, swarming," said restaurant worker Marie Olson.

A crowd formed at a distance to watch the cloud of bees.

"It was crazy," Olson said. "I was shocked. I was surprised to see it. I don't know where they came from, so it was amazing to actually see them like that. It was awesome."

State bee experts said the bees, which were moving from tree to tree, are now resting because they have formed two huge cone-shaped swarms in a tree.

Experts said the bees would likely move out about 24 hours after forming the cones.

However, Ochiana called beekeepers to remove the cones from nearby trees Thursday night.
  • edited April 2008
    XoLore wrote: »
    That puts 20 Bees man to shame. 3 million > 20.

you're forgetting something. 20 kick-ass bees > 3 million mediocre bees.
  • edited April 2008
    Wait a tick. Something isn't right here.
    I said that like 2 years ago!

So during that time it appears that some thousands of "mediocre bees" buzzed around like a horrible stinging tornado of fear and death. That's pretty awesome actually.

Also during this time...What did 20-Bees man do?

Near as far as I can tell he had trouble deciding on things, became "16 bits or less or my money back!", and sent his 20 bees to get honey because he is lazy. And one of the bees got caught in a spider web and needed to be saved by the Hulk. Does that consitute awesome? I have my doubts.

At the current time, my money is still on the ordinary bees due to sheer scale.
  • edited April 2008
    Just the fact that 20BM is friends with the Hulk makes him less awesome than even 1 bee.
  • edited April 2008
    [QUOTE=}
    I see a direct correlation between you adopting the Bee as a familiar and the bee's meteoritic rise in arrogant shenanigans. What do you have to say, Ms. Pulford?[/QUOTE]

Obviosly it's a direct plot to bring bee infestation to the mainstream so that people can understand the awesomeness of bees! For awesomness/SCIENCE!

PS: somebody else can figure out what the hell I broke in the quote code to make it embed properly (Mario et al a bit of mod manipulation for the win?) because otherwise bees just broke the forum.
  • edited April 2008
    You typed "[quote=}" when you should have typed "[ quote ]" (sans spaces).

I also blame bees.
  • edited April 2008
    I blame religion.
  • edited April 2008
    To bee guilty or not to bee guilty?
  • edited April 2008
    I blame religion.

Well, I blame the government then.
  • edited April 2008
    I hope thy atleast got to keep the 60 lbs of honey.
  • edited April 2008
    kukopanki wrote: »
    Well, I blame the government then.
    These days what's the difference?
  • edited April 2008
    Church-going bees

They've found religion! What hath we wrought?!?
  • edited April 2008
    I'm waiting for the security dogs with bees in their mouths, so that when they bark they shoot bees at you.
  • edited April 2008
    Better that than Robotic Richard Simmons.
  • edited April 2008
    remember, RIP is the bee killer.
    07-10.gif
  • edited May 2008
    I always thought he was shooting bees out of his mouth there, not eating them.
  • edited May 2008
    A grave stone spitting out bees? That's just silly.
  • edited June 2008
    'I Was Bees,' Says Hiker Stung 300 Times
    PHOENIX -- A hiker who fell 85 feet off a mountain and into a beehive on the desert floor said he was stung so severely, he thought his kidneys wouldn't withstand the flood of toxins.

Charles Connell was hiking alone on South Mountain three weeks ago and climbing a ravine when he reached his hand to grab a rock and discovered he had disturbed a nest of bees.

"They literally cascaded right at me and down me," Connell said.

The force of the bee attack knocked him down the mountain. He said he tumbled across rocks and cacti with the bees racing after him. He said it seemed like a giant mass of man and insects.

"I 'was' bees," Connell said. "I had bees all over me, and I remember brushing my hair back and tossing dust on my hair and suddenly my arm 'was' bees," he recalled. "The hand that I'm using to knock the bees out of my hair is now a bee hand."

Connell said he began screaming for help but no one responded.

"I thought, 'My god, I left my cell phone in the car,'" he said.

For at least 15 minutes, he was motionless on the desert, unable to move as bees were constantly stinging him.

"There was the typical bee in your nose, in your eyes, bee in your mouth, in your eardrums," Connell said. "I remember putting my finger in my ears and shoving a bee further into my eardrums."

Connell said he thought he was going to die. "Being nibbled on by these bees and stung," he said.

Finally, a fellow hiker heard his cries and called 911.

"He was waving his shirt and then he was actually just full of bees," said hiker Ken MacKenzie, who witnessed the May 19 incident.

But the bees began attacking the paramedics, who had to leave the scene to put on protective bee suits.

"He was all broken bones and cut up and tangled up in cholla cactus," said Capt. Lewis Jones of the Phoenix Fire Technical Team.

Phoenix police Officer Craig Churella was the first responder. He tried to reach the hiker but was forced to retreat.

"He was absolutely covered in bees. It was quite the sight. I couldn't get any closer -- they started attacking me," Churella said.

Connell was finally airlifted to safety.

"I don't know how many more minutes I could have taken stings," Connell said.

Today, he has two pins holding together his shattered wrist. He also suffered three broken ribs, a broken arm and a toe. He also has 40 staples in his head to heal wounds caused by the bee stingers.

He said he is still pulling bee stingers out of his skin.

As for his future plans, Connell said he has "no desire to eat honey and no desire to hike for quite a while."
  • edited June 2008
    Ow. The bees in the ears creeps me out quite a bit.
  • edited June 2008
    That's a horrific story.
    "I 'was' bees," Connell said. "I had bees all over me, and I remember brushing my hair back and tossing dust on my hair and suddenly my arm 'was' bees," he recalled. "The hand that I'm using to knock the bees out of my hair is now a bee hand."

But that is one of the most awesome things I've ever read.
  • edited June 2008
    That was pretty funny. I laughed quite a bit at that. I hope he was intending to be morbidly funny when he said that, otherwise I feel guilty laughing.
  • edited June 2008
    The origin of "At-Least-300-Bees-Man"?