Hourly Comics Day, and its best platonic pal Hourly Comics SaturDay

edited February 2007 in Comics
Guess what! Hourly comic day is February 1!

http://hourly.stereotypist.com/hourlycomicday.html

But for those of us* who can not comic all the livelong Thursday without fear of reprimand, Mario and I are going to comic all of our waking hours on the nearest weekend day, February 3. Anyone want to join us? We're thinking of putting the results on theorangebelt.org homepage.

*This means Mario. I'm a grad student. If I drew comics all day, nobody would notice. ;__;

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Booyah!
  • edited January 2007
    HOT. I'll try to make it not so biographical.
  • edited January 2007
    Oh man! He's been doing hourly comics since the first of the year!
  • edited January 2007
    I'll try to get in on it too!
  • edited January 2007
    Hamelin wrote: »
    Oh man! He's been doing hourly comics since the first of the year!

Who has?
  • edited January 2007
    Hey, my name's Mario! I should participate too! See y'all Saturday!
  • edited January 2007
    Your mom's name is Mario.
  • edited January 2007
    She isn't allowed to participate.
  • edited January 2007
    Why not? I saw no such rule on the page.
  • edited January 2007
    I totally forgot about this. I guess I gotta break out the old sketchpad. Wait. I don't have a scanner around here anymore. Well shoot. I'll have to think of something.
    hmmmm. Does this have to be accurate in regards to our day? I'd be very tempted to embellish things.
  • edited January 2007
    I don't see why it has to be accurate.

Though in my case, I really want people to know that I knitted, drank coffee, and did homework all day. KNOW THE TEDIUM, THRALLS
  • edited January 2007
    John Campbell has, the guy who started this hourly comic thing.

http://hourly.stereotypist.com/
  • edited January 2007
    Eh, couldn't hurt.
  • edited January 2007
    I'll definetly do it on thursdy, and possibly saturday aswell, although I wil most likely spend all of that day watching television, like a tool.
  • edited January 2007
    I will do it on Wednesday for the first and last time!
  • edited January 2007
    I'll do it starting from midnight tonight!

EDIT: I fell asleep :(
  • edited January 2007
    I cannot commit to a particular day. I will aim to do it one day this week.
  • edited February 2007
    Hourly comic day has started!

Some Jehovah's Witnesses almost gave me a heart attack when I was searching for my notecards. A great start to the day.
  • edited February 2007
    My hourly comics day also started out with a bang. At almost the exact stroke of midnight, the fire alarm in my dorm went off and forced the entire building out into the freezing night.

=(
  • edited February 2007
    Wow. That's all kinds of suck. Sorry to hear that, Amoeba Boy. Hope nobody gets sick.
  • edited February 2007
    I'm done! I'll scan it tomorrow.

I haven't drawn like this in a while, it felt good, but I'm a little out of practice.
  • edited February 2007
    I'm totally down with the Hourly Comics SaturDay. I brought my sketchbook to work today, but when you're in four consecutive hours of three-person meetings from the moment you walk in the door, you can't really doodle other people, and it would make for bo-RING comics.

Saturday!

(Look forward to reading everyone's...!)
  • edited February 2007
    I just downloaded the drivers and software for my scanner/printer, so now I can do stuff! I'll have one for SaturDay if I don't forgot.
  • edited February 2007
    I couldn't get online all of Friday! I worked a metric crapload and before that the internet had been shut off due to monetary neglect.

But here it is folks!

04hc01.png

Click here to see the rest.
  • edited February 2007
    I made some comics on Thursday and have done a few today too. My roommate has a scanner, so as soon as I can convince him to clean it off and should be able to show you all why I never do anything artistic.
  • edited February 2007
    I look forward to seeing them. It sort of feels like Mario and I are doing this alone, since we're the only ones posting things.
  • edited February 2007
    I was too busy DRIVING MY FACE OFF delivering pizzas to do one today, but now that I have my scanner out again, I may just draw more stuff.

$10 campus surplus sale scanner FTW!
  • edited February 2007
    I came down with the Blah's and just didn't feel like being artistic. I was too busy building my robot minion, feeding the denizens of my mutant army, slaying all the townsfolk, belligerently ignoring spacial anomalies, and many other things that I just made up that have little to no bearing on reality.
  • edited February 2007
    I was out all day, so I didn't have a chance to post until now. It was fun, but very much the ball and chain.
  • edited February 2007
    I had great times with this project! It'll be nice next year, since with leap year, it'll fall on a Saturday.