Anyone know anything about parallel circuits?

godgod
edited July 18 in Tech
So, in my basic electronics class, we were given a couple of unfinished schematics for parallel circuits. I just can't get one of them, and was wondering if any of you had an idea.
We were only given the circuit's equivilant resistance, 720 ohms, and told that the current in branch two is three times the current in branch one, and the current in branch three is six times the current in branch one. He also told us we should start off by inverting the equivilant resistance to find the total conductance, which is 1.388 milliSiemens.
electronicsschematicfz4.png
Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I have an idea, do your own homework.
  • edited April 2007
    Way to be a jerk, Tak. :(
  • edited April 2007
    it's my way of hiding the fact that I can't remember how to do it! :D
  • edited April 2007
  • edited April 2007
    Basic electronics? You have cooler classes than my old school did.

I have no idea how to do that though, good luck.
  • edited April 2007
    Anyone know anything about parallel circuits?

Well, they usually run along side each other.
  • edited April 2007
    geoko wrote: »
    Well, they usually run along side each other.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.
  • edited April 2007
    I don't know if this hint is too basic, but you don't know any of the R values, right? You just know them in relation to one another AND the total R value for the circuit.

Try to set up an equation that has only ONE variable in it. That is, you probably know an easy equation to solve this involving R1, R2, R3. Then, substitute 3*R1 for R2, then 6*R1 for R3. This should give you an algebraic equation that you can solve for R1. Good luck!
  • edited April 2007
    Stef wrote: »
    Try to set up an equation that has only ONE variable in it. That is, you probably know an easy equation to solve this involving R1, R2, R3. Then, substitute 3*R1 for R2, then 6*R1 for R3. This should give you an algebraic equation that you can solve for R1. Good luck!

heh heh, that's what she said.

*kils self*