Code-a.

edited April 2007 in Tech
I know some of y'all are Mac geeks (only slightly so, eh), and have probably already seen this, but holycowCODAholycow.

It's like Dreamweaver for people who hand-code their sites. Only elegantly-crafted and a fifth of the price.

And Panic makes GOOD software. (And the official Katamari t-shirts, but that's neither here nor there.) It's got me excited to hack some PHP again.

jason

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I like... notepad.
  • edited April 2007
    Not even...NoteTab?
  • jcjc
    edited April 2007
    I need a third job so I can get some more Katamari t-shirts.
  • edited April 2007
    Oooh...Panic DO make good software...how did I miss this?
  • edited April 2007
    I'm very stoked about Coda. The fact that I get $10 off for owning Transmit is icing on the cake.
  • edited April 2007
    mario wrote: »
    The fact that I get $10 off for owning Transmit is icing on the cake.

But I thought we were talking about software
  • edited April 2007
    Fine. Uh...

10 IF OWN_TRANSMIT=TRUE
    20 CAKE = CAKE + ICING
    30 END IF
    40 EAT CAKE
    50 GOTO 40
  • edited April 2007
    Wait, do I get 10$ off also? Because, don't get me wrong, I love Smultron something fierce, but I have a few sites to redesign in the near future and maybe this time I want it to be less painfully obvious that I hand code them.
  • edited April 2007
    Actually, you get $20 off for a limited time. EVERYBODY GETS A DISCOUNT! (You just get an additional $10 off if you have a Transmit license.)

I am usually a fierce defender of Smultron, too (despite its flaws), but Coda's just got too much going for it, all in one interface. The visual CSS editor, the graphical-symbol regular expressions, the DOM inspector* and the javascript debugger ...PLUS code-completion for HTML/CSS/PHP? AND what is essentially a faster version of the already excellentacular Transmit under the hood? Sorry if I sound like a schill, but I'm sold.

(* For the record...the DOM inspector is very similar to the free Firefox extension Firebug ...which is pretty impressive on its own, if you're short on cash.)

jason

p.s.--nice algorithm, Mario! mmmm, cake...
  • edited April 2007
    All I ever used was notepad, but I haven't done much in the way of HTML and websites for a few years.
  • edited April 2007
    John Gruber spoke highly of Coda. Considering how harsh he often is against anyone and everyone in the Mac world, it's fine praise indeed.
  • jcjc
    edited April 2007
    You guys are aware of Cabel Sasser's blog, right? It's good readin'. Highlights include Buggy Saints Row: The Musical, a post about his trip to Japan to meet Katamari Damacy's Keita Takahashi, and Stupid Subway Sign Prank.
  • edited April 2007
    I'm likin' the blog! Nice to hear that Takahasi's working on another game project.