Shake Yer Dock, oh yea!

edited May 2007 in Tech
heh... i'm curious, and sick of the "show off your desktop" threads i always see filled with MS Windows, so apple fans unite! Show off your docks! (Can you tell I haven't installed quicksilver on this computer yet?)

dock.jpg

Comments

• edited May 2007
    My dock is at my grandparents' house. Is that okay?

dock.png
  • edited May 2007
    Great scott!

doc.jpg
  • edited May 2007
    Here's my dock.......ing bay. That's my ride coming in. I've got it pimped out with massive sub-woofers and anti-matter guns.
  • edited May 2007
    My dock is taking a bath for its daily cleaning.
    193821FlNJ_w.jpg
  • edited May 2007
    Haha, Geoff's got Microsoft Office in his Dock! What a loser. And Transmit? That's your grandma's FTP client! Coda is what real men use.

wiilaughloud, welcome to the forum and all, but I can't see whatever the image was that you were trying to post; you might wanna fix the URL there.
  • edited May 2007
    Teach me how to take screenshots with a mac and I'll show you my relatively uncluttered and outdated dock!
  • edited May 2007
    Command-Shift-3: Take screenshot of entire desktop
    Command-Shift-4: Take screenshot of selection (click and drag)
    Command-Shift-4, then Space Bar: Take screenshot of window (click mouse on window of choice)
  • edited May 2007
    and any of those while holding 'control' to copy to clipboard for less clutter and direct pasting into photoshop!
  • edited May 2007
    Here's my work dock. As you can see, I only put the absolute essentials therein!
  • edited May 2007
    picture1jx5.png

Mine!
  • edited May 2007
    Much appreciated!

dock.jpg
  • edited May 2007
    AOL? And it's running?!?

There's no way you commonly play all three versions of Escape Velocity.
  • edited May 2007
    EV 1 was the bwst! Nova's pretty sweet too, but man, i spent DAYS playing EV, and i was in hardcore mode too! getting blown up SUCKED, one time i got shot in a system with no planets and just floated around in my escape pod forever. damnable pirate controlled systems.
  • edited May 2007
    mario wrote: »
    AOL? And it's running?!?

I know, I'm a bad person.

I liked EV Override only because of all the awesome plug-ins that were made for it. Otherwise, that game was a real bitch. Don't get me wrong, it's still awesome, but getting every single little thing is pretty damn hard. Hell, I was happy when I finally filled up the map.

Nova is pretty good, but I have some problems with the "They're somewhere in this area" missions. Because, apparently, you know where these people are in the last few games, but you can't find them in the third? It gets really annoying.

Also, nothing was more awesome than the Alien mission in the original Escape Velocity. Especially afterwards when Alien Fighters would randomly and rarely appear out of nowhere, and everyone, the Rebels, Pirates, and Confederates, even if they were in the heat of a massive battle, would drop everything and chase after the Alien Fighter. We found a way to kill it, once. We got him locked in a tractor beam, kept completely still, and just kept our turrets firing, and it was eventually going to die. But, one of the other ships in the system had to fire a fucking rocket and knocked it out of my tractor beam. Then his sheilds shot right back up, and I just went on a rampage, killing everyone else in the system. Pissin' me off.
  • edited May 2007
    Dock is the best euphemism for vagina since Meat Flower.