Ganbare Goemon soundtrack coming to iTunes! Maybe some other stuff too

edited July 2023 in Music
Konami has signed a deal with Sony BMG Music Entertainment to bring their entire back catalog of video game tunes to all major online music stores...

More...

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Meh, I'm not a big fan of video game music outside of context. Within a game it adds atmosphere, outside of games it's a bit lacking.

Except for Conker's Bad Fur Day. Brilliant songs, them.
  • edited May 2007
    Then this thread is obviously not for you!
  • edited May 2007
    I would buy up DDR songs, if I didnt pirate 90% of all music that I have
  • edited May 2007
    mario wrote: »
    Then this thread is obviously not for you!

No, this thread is not for me. I don't really listen to music at all outside the context of a movie or game. Everything on the radio is terrible and nothing else is really worth listening to more than once or twice.
  • edited May 2007
    Think ya better D!

(If they put that up, they better have the long version, because they cut out all the good parts for the game. I already "have" the song, but its legally obtainable presence would give me the warm fuzzies anyway.)
  • jcjc
    edited May 2007
    oh my god i am buying SO MUCH CASTLEVANIA MUSIC
  • jcjc
    edited May 2007
    I appreciate your advocacy of Goemon, by the way, but you can't dismiss Castlevania music like that. Your words are as empty as your soul.
  • jcjc
    edited May 2007
    TRIPLE POST! Just to say that you're getting a link on both DS Fanboy and Wii Fanboy tomorrow.
  • edited May 2007
    Haha, awesome! I'm movin' up in the blogosphere!

And in all honesty, the Konami game soundtrack I most want to see on the iTunes Store is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game for NES. "C'mon, after that Shredder creep!"

EDIT: Haha, GamesAreFun only just now got the news! I totally scooped the world.
  • edited May 2007
    mario wrote: »
    EDIT: Haha, GamesAreFun only just now got the news! I totally scooped the world.

Indubitably awesome, I dare say. Congrats, Mario!

Namco needs to do this, now. I need Katamari Music!
  • edited May 2007
    The Katamari CDs are always an option, but I'm far more excited about the possibility of hearing music from games that didn't get an official soundtrack release the first time around. Zombies Ate My Neighbors!
  • edited May 2007
    If they had the "Put the Puh!" line from blades of steel, I think I'd have to get it.
  • jcjc
    edited May 2007
    So the posts came out crappy (it happens sometimes, even with something I'm totally excited about), but you're totally linked. Thanks for the news tip!

Also people are going to follow the links from the posts to the site to this thread, and find me talking about how my posts were crappy. That'll be fun.
  • edited May 2007
    I certainly find it fun. And your posts came out fine! I didn't even mention the awesomeness of Silent Hill soundtracks, mostly because those also got official US releases (bundled with their games, as I recall).
  • jcjc
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I know for a fact that SH3 was bundled, because I have it, and listen to it all the time. I think SH4 had a soundtrack as a preorder bonus.
  • edited May 2007
    Paul's got the SH4 soundtrack, but I liked SH3's a lot better. Which he also has. I really liked the song "You're Not Here". Man, I ought to grab that from him. Like, steal it.
  • edited May 2007
    You're Not Here is on DDRExtreme! Play it now! Or else!
  • edited May 2007
    I'd heard that! Once I get some money I'll expand my DDR collection beyond my meager Konamix and Mario Mix.
  • edited May 2007
    DDR normal is extreme enough.
    And awesome. (4)
  • edited May 2007
    I'd totally buy Konamix off you. I don't have any of the PS1 versions.

Disney Mix eBays for like $200 because it's so hard to find. My friend has it.
  • jcjc
    edited May 2007
    Are you fucking kidding me? I have to buy DDRExtreme now. Maybe I'll sell my DDR original-style to do it.