CONNECTICON 2007!

Its that time of year again!

Anyone else going this year?

I have this idea for cosplaying where we get bunch of people to wear laughing man masks, would be real cool to see, it would be like the convention was getting hacked. [I hope you guys know about ghost in the shell.]

I'm real psyched.

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Well, I do live in Connecticut. I'll force Paul to pay for me. And give me a ride.
  • edited June 2007
    Sorry, same as last year. Big body of water prevents me from going.
  • edited June 2007
    when is it? how does one get there? does mario drive me? is there gonna be an orange belt table?! I NEED ANSWERS, DAMN YOU!
  • godgod
    edited June 2007
    July 13-15. Car, bus, airship, chocobo, etc. I'm gonna pass on this one. Oh god, I hope so.
    I'm going for Saturday, hopefully they have the people making custom fitted fangs again this year. Braces and not having an extra $40 prevented me from getting them last year.
  • edited June 2007
    I cant wait for HALLWAYCON07!
  • edited June 2007
    Night Lord wrote: »
    Sorry, same as last year. Big body of water prevents me from going.

Swim.
  • edited June 2007
    Yeah, Geoff. It's far away. And it sucks for that. Now that I've moved West, Jason moved West, and Jakey's moving over the summer, we have to find some kind of convention for the mass of us that are slowly congregating on this side of the country.

And no, that thing in San Diego does not count.
  • edited June 2007
    ummm... does macworld count? or how about WWDC?
  • edited June 2007
    Stef wrote: »
    And no, that thing in San Diego does not count.

Aww, but comicon will be somewhat close to me this year.
  • edited June 2007
    Nothing is close to me. Ever. Unless I end up getting a job with making video games someplace out west.
  • edited July 2007
    The West Coast, it is. The only problem for me, is that I'll have a fairly large schedule of visitations and whatnot. (Essentially, everyone in Louisiana that graduates college moves to Texas or California. In other words... there's a whole lot of people I'd want to touch base with, if I happened to be in Cali)
  • edited July 2007
    Why is that a problem? Go to some convention with us, visit people and crash at our house when you need to.

I totally saw an LSU license plate frame out in our parking lot today. You can go visit that guy.
  • edited July 2007
    Alright, so I'm throwing plans together last minute to go on Saturday. It's the only day I can really go.
  • edited July 2007
    WOOT!

good job Scott!

I'm so excited, so excited, so excited!
  • edited July 2007
    Alright, I'll be the guy in the suit, the FSM t-shirt, and with, possibly, an eyepatch.
  • edited July 2007
    Well, I hope those are there are having fun!

I don't know if I can make Comic Con again this year... it's a hopeful, though!
  • godgod
    edited July 2007
    There may be a picture of me cosplaying as a World of Warcraft quest giver when they put up this year's photo album. Apparently, having a yellow ! over your head makes people want to take pictures of/hug you.
  • edited July 2007
    god wrote: »
    There may be a picture of me cosplaying as a World of Warcraft quest giver when they put up this year's photo album. Apparently, having a yellow ! over your head makes people want to take pictures of/hug you.

There were plenty of people with things like those. I may have seen you there. Were you going around with the scantily clad elf girl, or were you just some other guy with an exclamation point?

Picture time!

l_752e759c008d139aebd530e4f1c67a6c.jpg
    I would have molested Ananth if his girlfriend wasn't there.

l_e1c675d855a5daf42993280d116aae13.jpg
    So, I was going down the hall with my buddy, Rob, and a bunch of little kids stopped me and yelled "You are the funkmaster!" I went "Damn Right!" and became a god to them.

l_a92bb26f85e7a95fffb3b3aadc77bff4.jpg
    Why not?

l_06582457bc688f81ff9375d0427a1ea2.jpg

This was, by far, the greatest costume there. The headlights even worked!
  • edited July 2007
    The world needs more Space Marines! Do you have more pictures uploaded anywhere?
  • godgod
    edited July 2007
    Were you going around with the scantily clad elf girl, or were you just some other guy with an exclamation point?
    I was just some other guy, wearing an NPC shirt and, later on, a Hyrule royal family crest on a chain. Also, mine was made of styrofoam.

Edit: Found a picture of me on the Connecticon forums.

Amaro (on the right) is the one who took it.
  • edited July 2007
    Did anybody ask you to give them a quest?

You could have taken advantage of the situation if they did.
  • godgod
    edited July 2007
    I got a lot of people asking for quests. The only one who finished it was given a quest to find duct tape I could use to keep the ball from sliding down the wire. Most of the quests I gave involved thinning out the hordes of Naruto cosplayers and bringing me the head bands.
  • edited July 2007
    I would have demanded food. Like cookies or something.

mmmmmmm, poison cookies....
  • edited July 2007
    The world needs more Space Marines! Do you have more pictures uploaded anywhere?

You may very well need to become my friend to see them.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=35345922&albumId=1676607

I also have a hot cosplayers collection I'm gonna put on my site, sooner or later. New content is always good!
  • edited July 2007
    You're already IN my friends.