118th!

edited March 2006 in 6:35
118th.gif

Target is a fun place to frequent!

Comments

• edited February 2006
    I wholeheartedly agree with wild trips to those sort of stores!
  • edited February 2006
    I'll have to take your word for it.
  • edited February 2006
    this strip speaks directly to my life!!! i too love the cute duckies at target as well as its bright shiny clean rows of awesome.

i did briefly boycott them when they said they didn't have to stock emergency contraception, and also when their new sugarfree candy made me very sick, but it probably won't last. i love you target!!!!!!
  • edited February 2006
    I think I may very well have been in the local Target about twice in the past 3 or 4 years. It's one of the stores I frequent.
  • edited February 2006
    Target is a hundred times better than Wal Mart. Whenever I go in I always seem to leave with a new kick ass story.
  • edited February 2006
    walmart sucks!~! target forever!

seriously. i can't wait to move jsut so i have an excuse to buy all new things at target. there will be serious bathroom-redecorating.
  • edited February 2006
    Walmart does suck. The last time I was in a Walmart...
    *shudder*
  • edited February 2006
    Is there a difference between Target and Walmart? sure, Walmart seems more sinister, but don't they both drive small businesses out of town?
  • edited February 2006
    Target is cleaner, in my experience.
  • edited February 2006
    I boycotted Target for a while, because they refused to let charity Santa Clauses ring bells outside their store. Obviously Target hates children who don't have enough money to shop at Target.
  • edited February 2006
    Several stores did that. It wasn't anything they had against charities; they were promoting a double standard before this incident (allowing charities to stand on store grounds, but not allowing other groups that sold products; the groups complained, and Target booted Santa out).
  • edited February 2006
    I don't really think it's a double-standard... the charity's non-profit, and they were collecting donations, not selling things.
  • edited February 2006
    It had to do with Target's solicitation policy. It wasn't being fairly applied to all solicitors. This explains it well.
  • edited February 2006
    That DOES explain it well. This "Internet", it does everything. I'ma go cook some e-spaghetti.
  • edited February 2006
    Cyber-spaghetti is better.

I want to remix this comic, but I lack both the correct state of mind, and humor.
  • edited February 2006
    I want to remix it, too... and I just may do that.

Before I being, though, I want to say that comics such as these are actually more difficult to remix.... way too much stuff going on. It's hard to be elegant when 3 characters are doing random stuff, and have dialogue bubbles all over the place.

Still, it's a funny comic on its own... I may just up the wacky quotient, or something. Of course, the coherence quotient is about to plummet.
  • edited February 2006
    Tune in next time for the stunning conclusion!
  • edited February 2006
    What, are you gonna remix a different comic for the sequel?
  • edited February 2006
    OMG, I am humbled by your reinterpretation.

Leesh-- there was such serious Target redecorating here when we moved. It all started with the Hello Kitty Toaster. It almost ended in me getting one of those sit-down Japanese style kitchen tables (at Target!! can you believe it?), but common sense prevailed.
  • edited February 2006
    There is no place for common sense when shopping!
  • edited February 2006
    Indeed! Shopping is an act of PASSION!
  • edited February 2006
    What more evidence do you need than Supermarket Sweep? It may be a different kind of shopping but it stll works.
  • edited February 2006
    Buying the orange rug was passion. Buying a little japanese-style table that wouldn't fit in my house would be insanity.

Buying a heated japanese table when I live in a place larger than 1.5 rooms would be passion again, though.

ETA: What is this 'Supermarket Sweep'? Is it anything like 'Mall Madness'?
  • edited February 2006
    If we're talking about the same thing, it's a really crappy game show in England.
  • edited February 2006
    Meh, then.
  • edited February 2006
    stef--i have the hello kitty waffle iron, so i understand completely. and target's furniture has been featured on sites like design*sponge b/c it's just that cool. i can't wait to have an excuse to get some!!

by the way, supermarket sweep was a crappy game show in the us when we were kids. suburban folks would have some small amount of time in which to fill their shopping carts at the supermarket, and the one whose cart turned out to be the most expensive won free groceries, or something. obviously it wasn't very riveting for little kids--they always went for the meat and the cleaning products, so boring.
  • edited February 2006
    To me, Supermarket Sweep was an inferior version of Shopping Cart Jousting. I haven't Jousted in an eternity. XD
  • edited February 2006
    I, for one, loved it because I got to see middle-aged woman push shopping carts down aisles as quickly as they possibly good while grabbing random objects off the shelves and dumping them in the cart.
  • edited February 2006
    Eh, it's true; Soccer-Mom violence is undeniably amusing.
  • edited February 2006
    I would have just ran down the aisle using my arm to sweep an entire shelf into my cart, not worrying about what I was getting. Go for quantity, not quality, I say.