AIM sucks, MSN is better

edited May 2008 in Tech
Does anyone else use MSN? I've heard hints and rumors that others do. At work, we have MSN on the computers, so I'm always on. Anyone else use it?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Nope, AIM and Gtalk because that's what the people I talk to use. Though I use Pidgin so I don't have to bother logging into multiple accounts.
  • edited May 2008
    I use PIDGIN!!!!! Givwe me all your names so as I hcan harrass oun at all hours oifthe day!
  • edited May 2008
    Look to the left. Yes I do, but hardly anyone in America does!
  • edited May 2008
    Well America is silly.
  • edited May 2008
    Clearly. Britain FTW.
  • edited May 2008
    Sure AIM sucks, but at least it isn't MSN.
  • edited May 2008
    I use X-Fire, MSN, and AIM. My MSN is Zephanus@hotmail.com, my AIM screen name is Zephanus, and I don't know how to check what you would add me as for X-Fire. If you add the nickname it would be Shade but I don't think you do.
  • edited May 2008
    msn has left me frustrated more times than AIM has so I choose AIM over msn, but I will admit that the writing tablet thing built in to msn is the greatest fucking thing ever. So many conversations just made in pictures... it gave birth to this wonderful drawing, in which my friend typed "Its a bear! :D" after posting it. It was too funny NOT to be saved.
  • edited May 2008
    It's a bear? Oh!!! I see... It's a bear.
  • edited May 2008
    Totally what I was thinking...
  • edited May 2008
    I don't see the bear.
  • edited May 2008
    I don't actually see a bear either... I just figured I'd go with it...
  • edited May 2008
    I see it! It's eyes are kinda squinty...
  • edited May 2008
    Oh!!! I see it now... looks more like a badger.
  • edited May 2008
    I do use MSN. Or rather I use pigin, though I should really update it. MSN doesn't like to connect for me though. I often have to try a few times to get it to connect.

Also, that bear is rather scary.
  • edited May 2008
    Its mouth looks like a deformed Vagina.
  • edited May 2008
    That's a dirty picture.
  • edited May 2008
    I was thinking the thing in the middle of what Bruce ('cause I'm cool and address him as he asks me to(also uhg?)) thought was the bear... was the bear. In that case it does look more like a badger.
  • edited May 2008
    I don't see how anyone could actually believe AIM to be better than MSN.
  • edited May 2008
    It's American propaganda!
  • edited May 2008
    Although I dislike both America and Microsoft, I still use AIM on those extremely rare occasions in which I use an instant messenger, mostly because I can't be bothered to make a new account.

I also have a GMail address, which would let me use GTalk, which uses Jabber and is therefore open and all that jazz, but no one else uses it. I shall now make a frowny face: :(
  • edited May 2008
    I use GTalk!
  • edited May 2008
    gmail can be used in MSN.
  • edited May 2008
    MSN reminds me of boring news networks like MSNBC. I don't like boring news networks, so I use AIM. If they made an IM service called the Nickelodeon or the Comedy Central, then we'd be in business.
  • edited May 2008
    Serephel wrote: »
    gmail can be used in MSN.

And filet mignon can be used for dog food!
  • edited May 2008
    What is the root of your MSN hating? What about it causes you so much pain Mario?
  • edited May 2008
    The first two letters in the acronym. And a general lack of decent support on the Mac. And the fact that almost all of my friends use AIM, so there was never any reason to launch a whole separate application to talk to like one or two holdouts who didn't go with the flow. And iChat is a great AIM client.
  • edited May 2008
    Mario is right. All my friends use MSN for webcam and voice chatting, but MSN for mac doesn't have it (Well, it does now, but only for business users. Ugh). Hell, one of the reasons I was excited about getting a macbook was because I thought I'd be able to use Live Messenger through Crossover to have decent MSN. Then I found out Microsoft blocked it running through wine.
  • edited May 2008
    AIM gets the job done. I don't see how one client can be better than the other... they're all the same basic thing. Type something in a box, get a reply. Kinda like what I'm doing now.
  • edited May 2008
    Aye, but iChat is pretty.