A Very Orange Belt Wedding

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Well, if that's what they wanted they screwed up. They got married on 8-9-08.
    WEDDING UPDATE: It was fun. It was changed to a fully open bar. there was rock band. there were mythical creatures and homo-eroticism. Pictures will come from Ryan. Either very soon, or after he gets back to China. And I can probably find the professional ones online already.
  • edited August 2008
    Please do!
  • edited August 2008
    Ohnoes! I missed it... well, I'll give im an IM when I see him.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, here's a candid shot from their wedding night.
  • edited August 2008
    You bastard
  • edited August 2008
    Haaa I am back in China now. I did not get home until very late last night, after a four hour wait on the tarmac due to engine problems. Not that I minded, I prefer them to be sure that all the engines work before a 14+ hour flight.

Anyway, the wedding was indeed awesome. Andrew is now a married man, but unfortunately he is having trouble coming here to express himself. His apartment exists on a leyline of concentrated magical energies, so he apparently cannot get internet at his apartment at the moment.

I will post pictures in the next day or so, once I unpack and find my camera.
  • edited August 2008
    ...here comes the shame...
  • edited August 2008
    Nonsense!
  • edited August 2008
    Serephel wrote: »
    Andrew is now a married man, but unfortunately he is having trouble coming here to express himself.

Is that your way of saying he, eh-hem, can't perform?
  • edited August 2008
    Bad form.
  • edited August 2008
    No. It means he's performing so well that he can't find the time or energy to get online.
  • edited August 2008
    UNTIL NOW!

Ryan is quite correct in his assessment of my internet situation. We had some trouble getting it... but now I have it! I can resume my daily forum browsing, hurray!! Everything was fun, through extremely stressful.. it was a lot to organize and oversee. But in the end, we had good times... food, drinks, and Rock Band. Got to see a lot of my friends, and Ryan and Adam and I had a good time. I will try to find the pictures, since RYAN doesn't seem to be doing his job!
  • edited August 2008
    Hey who here has a full time job? THATS RIGHT ASSHATS.

Every minute I spend giving you guys pictures is a minute I'm not spending playing Devil May Cry 4, Final Fantasy IV, Valkyrie Profile, Phoenix Wright 2 and 3, Etrian Odyssey 2, or Baroque. I got a lot of shit to play through.

This should tide you over.

Here is Adam brimming with excitement to play Rock Band.
    DSC05019.jpg

Here is the wedding man himself singing along.
    DSC05024.jpg

Here are the coolest bride and groom decorations ever for a cake.
    DSC05037.jpg

And here's what Adam does when he's bored as hell after taking my camera from me.
    DSC05046.jpg
  • godgod
    edited August 2008
    Now that I've seen that, Cthulhu are what every wedding cake needs.

Oh, and since it appears I have yet to say it, congratulations.
  • edited August 2008
    Ok, pictures of the bride? Is she not worthy of a mention for some reason?
  • edited August 2008
    Seconded!
  • edited August 2008
    NoLonger wrote: »
    Ok, pictures of the bride? Is she not worthy of a mention for some reason?

no no, he married the cthulu doll.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, guys. It looks like we can't hide it any more. The truth is...Ryan was the bride. It's still painful for me to talk about it. Ryan and Andrew are now a happy couple, while I'm still all alone.:(
  • edited August 2008
    awwww... well, i bet jakey would make a lovely bride for you. and we all know you could get him drunk and lure him to vegas easily enough.
  • edited August 2008
    If anything, Adam would be my bride
  • edited August 2008
    Haha, that wedding cake is awesome. The mini tux and dress go well with the cake :D

I think the funniest wedding cake I've ever seen was at my friends' wedding... the groom's cake was a giant cake with a D&D character sheet on top. It had the groom's name as the character name, had skills such as "Procrastinating," and had equipment such as tuxedo and wedding ring (both adding to charisma). It was really funny, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the people at the wedding didn't understand what it was referencing to.

I wanna see the bride too! And more pictures!
  • edited August 2008
    Faces made of food are always good times. What are those trophies for?
  • edited August 2008
    Oh, those first two pictures were taken in my wife's parents' house. Her father is a big car person, and he drag races the car he's maintained.

And as soon as I get access to more pictures, I'll post it. Actually, the person who did our photography posts all her pictures on her website.. I'll provide the link once she's done with her editing work and posts them. And I'll also post shots from other peoples' cameras.
  • edited August 2008
    How does it feel to say "my wife" instead of "my girlfriend"? Awesome?
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, good call. It felt weird typing that, actually.

Um.... it makes me feel old, really. Not good or bad.

The thing that rocks is the ring that I get to wear now. I find myself exposing my left hand in public. It's a beautiful ring, and such a universally recognized symbol.
  • edited August 2008
    I will post more pictures when I'm good and ready! Be patient.
  • edited August 2008
    lol... I want to see pictures of the ring too! Pictures galore!! :D

I'll be patient.
  • edited August 2008
    Okay, the pictures are posted on the photographer's website. I can't save them, though, I'll have to wait until I get the disc from her. At that time I'll post a few choice photos for those who don't feel like going through the whole collection.

But here's the link, feel free to browse.
  • edited August 2008
    Okay, request the closeup picture of that one bride's maid farthest from Megan: 25 of 69 in the Ceremony gallery. What is...what is she looking at?

EDIT OF: Oh yeah, and Megan is very pretty! I want a wife that gorgeous some day! Andrew, why have you hidden her for so long from this corner of the internet?
  • edited August 2008
    Your soul.