A Very Orange Belt Wedding

13»

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I thoroughly approve of awesome rings, but what do they say? And no ties? no ties?? What is this world coming to! I also approve of the Ryan-led karaoke. And I approve of Adam wearing a nice shirt, even if it makes him look like someone's dad. Just a little.
  • edited August 2008
    No ties. Ties are against my religion.

Also, the rings say "Autre ne vueil." The rings are replicas of poesy rings from the 15th century.. it's an archaic form of French for "you and no other."
  • edited August 2008
    If I ever got married I would put "Vi et animo" on the rings, which means "With heart and soul".

Might I add, Andrew, that your bride looks quite lovely, while you still look like a long haired English major hippy :)

I kid of course! Congrats to yourself and the Bride. Ad multos annos!
  • edited August 2008
    Even bow-ties? Or a smartly tied cravat? And the poesy ring is a really neat idea. They must be custom made?
  • edited August 2008
    Mercy, just thinking about cravats makes me swoon!
  • edited August 2008
    Me too... we should have gone with cravats. DAMN!

Also...cha! That one's for you, Bruce.

And the links to the other ones are on the left side. They're not custom made, you just choose your metal and size from a big selection of rings. As I said, ours are replicas... the original ring is in some museum in Britain.
  • edited August 2008
    Or so you were meant to think. The originals lie on your own two fingers, as both wedding bands were forged from equal parts of the original - melted and reformed with added Elvish minerals for longevity. The supposed "original" in the museum? A fake! Where better to hide such a priceless treasure than on the fingers of two unsuspecting love birds?
  • edited August 2008
    I really like the two pictures of us Andrew, just before the wedding. Especially given how I got us to smile, since we're both so bad at forcing smiles for pictures.

Photo 1:
    Andrew: "Quick Ryan, make me smile!"
    Me: "Penis!"

Photo 2:
    Andrew: "Say something else, do it again"
    Me: "Oh, uh, um..."

On the DVD, will she have that photography watermark on the pictures? I want to get a few prints of those to put on my desk at work, but I don't want the watermark. Otherwise, I guess I can just buy the prints from her, but getting them mailed to me is difficult.