Hey guys! I'm posting from an iPhone 3G!

edited July 18 in Tech
Yep, just got my very own iPhone! It's a damn fine device, but I must say, I find the glossy back a bit annoying as I'm a bit anal about finger prints.

So... yeah! Go me!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Ew, glossy backs. I hate those too. I've seen that the new models of PSPs have those too. Annoying.

Ignoring that, hooray!
  • edited August 2008
    iPhones are fun. I need more friends who have them so I can play games on them and post on facebook and forums on it. :D

Buying my own wouldn't make any sense at all, of course.
  • edited August 2008
    I much prefer my phone. 3G, internet, email, aim, and gps. Only cost $30.
  • edited August 2008
    But does it have an Apple logo on it? I think you can see the fatal flaw in your phone now
  • edited August 2008
    deku12345 wrote: »
    I much prefer my phone. 3G, internet, email, aim, and gps. Only cost $30.

Mine has 3G, internet, email, aim and GPS. It was free. I can scan the receipt if you want proof :)
  • edited August 2008
    So you stole it?
  • edited August 2008
    And he even got a receipt while doing so! He must've used his British charm.
  • edited August 2008
    Or his superior language skills.
  • edited August 2008
    Night Lord wrote: »
    It was free.
    I'm going to assume you had one of those awesome coupons they send to people through mail.
    Or you stole it.
    Or you're a magic super bunny.
  • edited August 2008
    In the UK it's common practice to give a free phone when you sign up to a contract....
  • edited August 2008
    Magic super bunny is more fun. :(
  • edited August 2008
    In the barbaric hovels across Albion it's common practice to give beads and other jewelry when you swear allegiance to a new warlord....

Fixed?
  • edited August 2008
    Oh that is definitely fixed good sir.
  • edited August 2008
    I have a phone too. I can call people with it. I haven't used it in a few months though. I just turn it on sometimes to make sure the battery still works.
  • edited August 2008
    Hey, I might get a phone. Though I don't think I'll get an iPhone. Reminds me of the 5 year old that had an iPhone that we met in Japan, I got a picture of him, yaaaaaa.
  • edited August 2008
    Why don't you get a REAL cellphone? Like a blackberry?
  • edited August 2008
    kukopanki wrote: »
    Why don't you get a REAL cellphone? Like a blackberry?

Because blackberry is geared more towards enterprise!
  • edited August 2008
    and iPhone is geared more towards pompous fuck!
  • edited August 2008
    Really? I know a bunch of people with iPhones that wouldn't go into that category... I'll have to send them the memo.

My phone does nothing special, it's a Razor phone that parents give their kids cuz they can get them so cheap from their cell phone company. I used to have a pretty badass phone my freshman/sophomore year of high school, I got da hookup. My dad's friend worked for T Mobile so both my dad and I got these nice phones before they were out on the market, and the flip phone thing would flip up, and then you could rotate it 180 degrees so the screen part was where the back of the phone should be. Then you could close it like that and take pictures looking at the entire screen, like a real camera. It was really cool...

I eventually wore it down my flipping it too much when I got bored. Apparently I wore down the wiring connecting the top half from the bottom half, and the screen stopped working. The phone itself was fine, but no more cool pictures. Sad :( My dad still has his though. Fun stuff.
  • edited August 2008
    My phone is so old it's not even on the LG website anymore. I've gotten two new, free, phones since then, with more space and more functionality (games, cameras, etc), but my old one is just so much more user friendly. I like to keep things simple, I don't need a phone with fifty thousand menus.
  • edited August 2008
    If I could get a rotary dial on my cell phone, I would.
  • edited August 2008
    Damn it, now I want a rotary cell phone too.
  • edited August 2008
    That's awesome, but it won't fit in my pocket :(
  • edited August 2008
    Mish42 wrote: »
    I eventually wore it down my flipping it too much when I got bored. Apparently I wore down the wiring connecting the top half from the bottom half, and the screen stopped working. The phone itself was fine, but no more cool pictures. Sad :( My dad still has his though. Fun stuff.

Heh, I did the same with my Samsung e900, sliding it whenever I was bored. Now all I can do is wipe the screen free of prints :(

EDIT: And take cool baby photos
    photomf3.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    That is a cute baby! A confused looking baby, but a cute one nonetheless!
  • edited August 2008
    It's doing the People's Eyebrow!
  • edited August 2008
    He is a teenager in baby skin :( I see defiance in those eyebrows! Somebody is being sent to bed without supper.
  • edited August 2008
    Mish42 wrote: »
    My dad's friend worked for T Mobile so both my dad and I got these nice phones before they were out on the market, and the flip phone thing would flip up, and then you could rotate it 180 degrees so the screen part was where the back of the phone should be. Then you could close it like that and take pictures looking at the entire screen, like a real camera. It was really cool...

The Sidekick, yeah ive got one of those. it's nice but i bought it for myself so im afraid to take it anywhere because ive heard T-mobile's customer service is horrific, and i don't wanna deal with them.
  • edited August 2008
    Because blackberry is geared more towards enterprise!

Well, that's the only reason I see for spending more than $100 on a cellphone, really. Otherwise I figure it's just wasting money on things that you already own: internet access, mp3 players, cameras, etc.