Comic #61: Late Halloween Comic (11/15/2008)

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Nope, not a hockey fan. Though some guy on the Rangers used to have the same last name as me (pronounced differently, and maybe with an accent mark).

My favorite sport is baseball! I'm just terrible at it and finding 17 other people to play with is near-impossible.
  • edited November 2008
    hlavac04.jpg

HLAVAC6-B.jpg
    I know that the second ones a Canucks Jersey, but he plays in the Swedish Elite League now. His name is Jan (pronounced Yan) Hlavac.
  • edited November 2008
    I did a pretty good painting of Eevee with the skull kid mask and kokiri tunic with navi yelling "Hey Listen," but the whole uploading thing looks bad.
  • edited November 2008
    Please excuse the crappy quality, you can't even see navi and she's the most artistic part about the painting. You also can't see the shading. Oh well, I used the school scaner so I can't be picky.

Eevee2.png
  • edited November 2008
    You're winning!
  • edited November 2008
    Not once I get mine in!
  • edited November 2008
    I think it's all fine and dandy that you're drawing one too, but that comment would look rather silly if you ended up losing.

What costume are you going to draw?
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, um, I got nothing to back that up. I'm on Holiday in Thanksgiving and have no access to drawing materials. I was going to draw Eevee as a taco

(I sound pretty foolish right now, don't I?)
  • edited November 2008
    Well you probably have access to a computer, and you certainly have access to the internet, so more than likely have access to The Gimp, and if you got that you could save yourself from looking foolish. You might as well, the prize is pretty cool.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, it's not my computer. I'm not sure I'm allowed to download THE GIMP.

Edit: Then again, I'm two time zones off my normal zone, so I could download, illustrate, post, and erase THE GIMP at 2:00 AM, without feeling tired and drawing extremely poorly (although my art is somewhat lacking anyway.)
  • edited November 2008
    sc000cde80qm2.jpg

Rargh!
  • edited November 2008
    Nice! I assume that's Eevee in a meowth costume.
  • edited November 2008
    Downloading THE GIMP as I speak.
  • edited November 2008
    That's a pretty convincing costume, Night Lord.
  • edited November 2008
    Didn't Eevee react negatively when Pichu told her that the Meowth from comic 20 had the hots for her? Wouldn't that deter her from dressing as a Meowth? Or would it make for a more convincing costume in which it is harder to guess the costume's resident?

Edit: Gimp not functioning properly. I'm going to hand draw and probably scan in at first chance. That would be Sunday, unless my relatives have a scanner here. I would need to find it.
  • edited November 2008
    Here's mine. Had to use MS Paint. Ugh.
    Eevee's shade is a little off. Her eyes didn't come out as well as I expected either. It looked really good when I drew it on paper, but I had to redo it on the computer because I realized my home scanner wasn't working. I originally had a huge hunk of sour cream on top, but it kept screwing up in paint. I know this picture is horribly bad.
  • edited December 2008
    The picture's alright, but I don't really understand the perspective of the taco. If Eevee's tail is coming out the back, shouldn't her head be coming out the front instead of the middle?

Anyway, I'm back at school, away from Thanksgiving break, so I might start drawing things again. In fact, here's a thing right now:

weaselhax.png

I couldn't think of a good background, so I went through my photographs to find one. I made him standing on water because it looked funny. The second choice would've involved Lego bricks, but the lighting was facing the wrong way so I didn't do it.
  • edited December 2008
    IT'S JESUS WEASEL, MESSIAH OF ALL WEASEL KIND!
  • edited December 2008
    Good, perhaps if weasels were absolved from their sins everybody would stop casting them as bad guys.
  • edited December 2008
    There's a hole in the taco shell, and her head his poking out of the hole. I tried to show the hole in some way, but I analyzed the proportions and realized that Eevee would have to compress her fur to fit through, and then it would poof out once fitting through, thus covering the hole.

EDIT: You can barely see the hole along the bottom of her head, it looks like a piece was broken off a hard corn taco shell.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, I can see that there's a hole there, but the thing that's bugging me is that her tail seems to be at a 90-degree angle with where her head is. Unless it's some sort of diagonal-taco. In which case, nevermind.

Here's another thing I did today, because I felt like drawing but not like drawing pokemon. To show you how bad I am at sticking to a model, it's the same character as that last picture, drawn one day later, and at, like... half height.
    weaselball.gif

I've never animated before, and I really couldn't see through the paper too well, so it's not great. I would've liked to have done a more energetic windup and make the tail less stiff. Also, those whiskers are all over the place.
  • edited December 2008
    That is still pretty well done. I applaud thee! Eventually.
  • edited December 2008
    Slick animation! My only problem with the tail is that it doesn't rotate toward the camera when his backside does. There's a decent movement of the whole body for the windup and pitch, but the tail doesn't follow through. Still, excellent for a first effort!
  • edited December 2008
    He's not shorter, that's a really small pitching mound and a really big ball. Great pictures, both of them. Put the weasel in a comic! Not neccesarily as a charatcer, but on a poster, or something!
  • edited December 2008
    So... Voltage won right?
  • edited December 2008
    It's not over till the fat lady si--er, I mean till I update my comic.
  • edited December 2008
    Double submissions?
  • edited December 2008
    I second that inquiry.
  • edited December 2008
    Sure, I guess.
  • edited December 2008
    So, I sketched this out. It was really small, so it looks pretty shitty, but I like it. It's Eevee as Vault Boy.

pipboyeevee.png

EDIT: Changed the nose to make it more Eevee like, as per a suggestion from Hlav.

vaultboyeevee3.png