Hlavco's Stuff.

edited October 2014 in Penny Racers Comics
Since I don't have a board to myself anymore, I'll just make a thread here for my arts and stuff. I guess if a comic ever comes up, I'll post it here too, but for now it's just pictures.

eeveesleep.png
This first one's actually kind of old. It's from the summer of 2007, but I've never uploaded it anywhere. I mean, I think it looks good, but it just seems too empty to call "finished". Anyway, this picture is supposed to convey that annoying feeling when you wake up earlier than you wanted to, but can't get back to sleep because the sun's already shining in the window. I don't get that feeling anymore, because by going to college I've gained the ability to fall asleep at any hour of the day...

pichubeg.png
This one started as a joke picture for another forum, of a pichu "begging". It turned out better than I expected, so I'm posting it. I actually threw it together in under an hour, and used plain gradients for all the shading, so it's surprising that it wound up looking nice.

The next group of pictures are all new ones. I got a tablet for Christmas, so these are all practice in coloring drawings using Photoshop rather than vectors. The first one is from scratch, the other two were traced over old notebook drawings.

pichu-1501504.pngpichuradiobig.png
eeveesnow2.png

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Gotta love those tablets!!!
  • edited January 2009
    I can totally imagine Eevee having a morning like that. Pichu really doesn't seem like a guy who sleeps in.
  • edited January 2009
    What about the contest? Where's my prize furry?
  • edited January 2009
    Yeah. And what about mine. Or Socks's
  • edited January 2009
    You... don't know what furry is, do you? (My last post for awhile, I promise.)
  • edited January 2009
    Since the pictures got deleted, I can't remember who made which ones. I think the taco was my favorite, but I forget.

And were you calling me a furry, or implying that you wanted me to draw you a furry? The sentence was confusing.
  • edited January 2009
    I was jokingly requesting furry.

Edit: Moustache'dMoustashdeevee.png
  • edited January 2009
    Oh, okay. That reminds me, I still have to draw Eevee in a birthday cake for Behemoth.

Speaking of which, things seem to have come full-circle character-wise. While people are finally starting to realize that Eevee's not a male, today somebody actually referred to Pichu as a girl.
  • edited January 2009
    Yo Quiero Taco Eevee! I lost the file and don't have it, but I could make another one, if you want one for the archive.
  • edited January 2009
    So I finished drawing the next Eevee comic up to the point that I had originally wanted to release it. But the problem is, it's just a short, plot-moving comic with hardly any jokes or content. This would normally be fine, but after such a long break I figured that would be silly, and so I was thinking about combining it with the next comic in the storyline.

My question for you is this: Would you rather have a crappy update sooner, or a better update who-knows-how-long later?
  • edited January 2009
    Your choice, you're the author. Consider the aspects of the idea though.
    Major Point: More comics makes for a larger archive
    You could just add a joke, or gowith old reliability, make an eevee gender confusion joke. I would be happy with either choice.
    It's good to have an update like this, try to give us little updates like this more often.
  • edited January 2009
    comic062.png

I just went with the short, plot-moving update. Updating sooner = less people think we're dead.
  • godgod
    edited January 2009
    Wasn't there a road like that in Onett? I haven't played Earthbound in years, but I think it was on the west half.
  • edited January 2009
    Whoa, yeah, there was. But this one doesn't end in trumpet players and crappy houses.
  • edited January 2009
    I'm currently trying to think of some time in a Pokemon game where the road just, well ended. In the forest or leading into the forest.

Nice fourth-wall reference
  • edited January 2009
    For the past, uh, long time, I've been very slowly working on an updated look for my site. Here's some comparing and contrasting you can do:

--edited for outdated, dead links--

Though it's pretty unlikely that the 'Arcade' or 'Forum' links will be active as soon as the new theme is applied. I've still got work to do on those. The look is a little busier overall, but at least it looks like a little more effort has been put into it. I might also update the panel borders on the newer comics to match it a little better.
  • edited January 2009
    I got 404 errors for most every link. I like the design, though.
  • edited January 2009
    Well yeah, I was just putting up that one page.
  • edited January 2009
    comic063.png

I hate walking comics. I have to freakin' actually draw different poses in each panel... But hey, only one more comic, and then we can finally return to normalcy! And yeah, the long hiatus was totally just a test of Eevee's willpower. I'm sticking by that.

Man, I'm kinda getting tired of Eevee's mane. I mean, it used to be "Wow, I completely screwed this up! Oh well, the mane'll cover it." but now it's like "Hey, that came out pretty good. Darn, the mane's gonna cover it..." Oh well.
  • edited February 2009
    So, now you're talking to Eevee without mind control? I don't know about Eevee, but walking into that sort of situation would scare the hell out of me.
  • edited February 2009
    Well I can't very well mind control the trees!
  • edited February 2009
    Well, there must be a rattata or an oddish or something out there!
  • edited February 2009
    bsh1.png
    This image was for sort of a competition on another site. The use of cheesy Photoshop filters was encouraged (Lens Flare was actually one of the requirements, the other being the presence of a trophy), so this isn't really anything to take seriously.

__Killer___Pichu_by_hlavco.png
    And here's pichu devouring the best reason to get a PS3. The props aren't completely related, because this was taken from "Part 2" of the above competition, and the rest of the picture was cropped due to crappiness.
  • edited February 2009
    Must...play...LBP. Dangit. I don't want to get a PS3.
  • edited February 2009
    My LittleBigPlanet guy is a hip-hop bunny rabbit. With cool shades.
  • godgod
    edited February 2009
    I see Pichu won at Super Mario Kart.
  • edited February 2009
    So, I was thinking about an 'every other week' update schedule, because that seems feasible and not too hard. But... I have three essays due this Friday. So in case I don't get the next comic done, here's a scout pichu:

pichuscout.png
  • edited February 2009
    Your skills at art far surpass most anyone else I have ever seen
  • edited February 2009
    Come on, it's not that great. There isn't even a background.
  • edited February 2009
    Some people are easily impressed. I thought it was nice, but I can't say I haven't seen better. Even just counting your own work. The line work is ok, the color is the usual bright style, but the lighting/shading is pretty good and really makes the picture. Not much else to say for it.