Hlavco's Stuff.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Nice, but not complete. Finished it for you.
  • edited September 2009
    Of course! Why didn't I see it sooner?
  • edited September 2009
    XoLore wrote: »
    I am entirely unsurprised by the question from Socks.

It's a legitimate question!
  • edited September 2009
    Have some 'first day of class' doodles.

doodles200901.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    Why is there a section labeled objectives, yet only one objective?
  • edited September 2009
    The others are covered by that second page of sketches.
  • edited September 2009
    comic071.png

Not much new ground being tread in this comic, which is why I didn't wait the full two weeks to put it out. Would've felt bad. This is really more of an addendum to the first Grand Quest comic, and sort of a closeout to Eevee's arc (no more rock jokes). There will be another new comic next weekend if things go according to plan.

So, how 'bout that sentret? Besides Pichu, it's the first new pokemon ever to have a speaking role. It's also breaking my usual conventions by having small(ish) eyes and a visible mouth. The combination of no nose and no mouth looked kinda creepy.
  • edited September 2009
    I do like Sentret! I almost forgot what pokemon he was for a second it's been so long since I played silver. Nice work sir.
  • edited September 2009
    The best part by far was, "Boo!"
  • edited September 2009
    Oooh, you're doing a course on post-1945 Europe and the EU? My area of expertise :D
  • edited September 2009
    My professor lived in Italy during WWII and spends most of the lecture time making fun of the other Europe professors for not knowing anything about their subject.
  • edited September 2009
    I am trying to imagine a lobster playing a guitar in a very intense fashion. It's the sort of guitar one would refer to as an "axe". Rock Lobster indeed. He's probably some sort of Bard/Barbarian multi-class.
  • edited September 2009
    Unless it's not a rock lobster, but a twisted Golem/Crawdaunt hybrid!
  • edited September 2009
    pichusleepbig.png

Some people have been creeped out in the past by the fact that some of my pokemon never actually appear to close their eyes. That's just how I've always drawn it. It used to be that you could make an argument that their eyelids were simply black in color, but then I started giving them colored eyes. Darn. Oh well, pokemon biology doesn't need to make sense.
  • edited September 2009
    Awwwwwwwwwww
  • edited September 2009
    Second'd

Also, how did I manage to forget to throw in a link for that last comic?
  • edited October 2009
    beerex.jpg

Drawn for a thing on another forum.
  • edited October 2009
    "Billions of dollars have been spent to make these nuclear plants safe. Failsafe. The odds against anything going wrong are astronomical, doctor."
    "I appreciate that, doctor, but let me ask you: In all your failsafe techniques is there any provision against an attack by Bee-Rex?"
  • edited October 2009
    Thank you hlavco, my life is officially complete now that I've seen that. Incredible.
  • edited October 2009
    comic072.png

A comic. Also, I had a little remix competition on my site a few weeks back, and got four fine entries. At least one of them contains bad language: #1 #2 #3 #4

#3 was ultimately voted the winner.
  • edited October 2009
    Evee is looking pretty smug there. What with being a smartass and all.
  • edited December 2009
    Variations on Mew.

Four different takes on the same picture. The first is the original pencil, the second is a tablet traceover. The third is a stylized vector traceover, and the fourth is a combination of the second and third, using the vector outlines with a shading layer that's mostly transparent on the tablet mew.

I want to put the mew in its own picture, but I can't think of a background right now.

Also, our Christmas lights are awesome.
  • edited December 2009
    I will admit to the awesomeness of the lights, but only because the level of Christmas light awesome over here is paltry by comparison.
  • edited December 2009
    Now you have to make your Christmas lights flash in sync to the Trans Siberian Orchestra playing Wizards in Winter.
  • edited December 2009
    I find your dog to be quite awesome too.
  • edited December 2009
    Some anonymous "Xmas light judgers" put a card in our mailbox saying we had "the best lights in Stone Ridge". They seem to have forgotten that Stone Ridge is the next development over.
  • edited December 2009
    A challenge has been made! You must down burn Stone Ridge to the ground.
  • edited December 2009
    Our two developments seem to have been specially designed to go to war with each other. Our development is called Newcastle and all the streets are named after places in England, and all the streets in Stone Ridge are named in an American Colonies theme.
  • edited January 2010
    English named streets? e.g.?
  • edited January 2010
    I live on Essex Ct, which connects to Somerset Dr, which goes to Pembroke Road, Hampshire Blvd, and Bristol Ct etc, etc.