I decree....A Sprite Comic Contest!!

Comments

• edited August 2023
    https://www.theorangebelt.org/forum/discussion/21

The original picture is sadly long gone (it might be on my computer at home, I forget). I should redraw it. My first attempt was pretty bad, though I consider that post to be the moment I went from "forumgoer" to "regular".
  • edited October 2006
    Oooh. Racoon fighting a toaster. Ooh.

Regarding Jeff's off-topicity, I bet this'll be simpler if we start a new thread for each contest, so we all know the rules of each round. (I only knew of the Smash Bros theme because of context clues, so my entry would have probably been about bees or something.)
  • edited October 2006
    The original picture will never be lost. It can always be found in my heart....

and my hard drive.

ToasterFightingARacoon.png
  • edited October 2006
    And here's my award!! Much better than last time! Look at that detail, folks! Ooooo...Ahhhh.

award2rs2.gif
  • edited October 2006
    Hahaha, oh man, that never gets old.
  • edited October 2006
    Never ever!
  • edited October 2006
    Amoeba Boy, thanks for finding me that picture again, and Agentcel, thanks for the new one.

(Wow, I was really bad at Inkscape back then. I think that's the first picture I did on it, actually.)

EDIT: Or this one might be the oldest: pichunew.png
  • edited October 2006
    I am the lost! NOO!
  • edited October 2006
    Agentcel wrote: »
    And here's my award!! Much better than last time! Look at that detail, folks! Ooooo...Ahhhh.

award2rs2.gif

I can't get it to load. :(

But wow, I got 2nd place with a two year old comic? Sweet.

And just so there is no confusion this time:
    Round 3 F.T.W.!!

This round's topic is...Anime references! You can use any video game sprites, but it has to include a reference to anime. May I suggest doing this in the punchline?
  • edited October 2006
    do final fantasy characters count as anime references or no?
    And also, deadline?
  • edited October 2006
    COMICCONTES2.gif

I think this looks better.
  • edited October 2006
    Okay....Final fantasy is also a video game, so it dosen't count. It can't be an anime based off a video game (pokemon...etc.) But it's okay if it HAS a video game. (Ex. Naruto). General Salt's entry was great.
  • edited October 2006
    is it just me or is the spirter's rescource site down?
  • edited October 2006
    Make your own
  • edited October 2006
    Google Image Search
  • edited October 2006
    well never mind I already found the sprites
  • edited October 2006
    Okay....Final fantasy is also a video game, so it dosen't count. It can't be an anime based off a video game (pokemon...etc.) But it's okay if it HAS a video game. (Ex. Naruto). General Salt's entry was great.

What? Why not Pokémon? The anime isn't even based off of the games. They borrow things like the gyms and whatnot, but the anime throws all the rules of the game out the window.
    kirby wrote: »
    is it just me or is the spirter's rescource site down?

It moved: http://www.spriters-resource.com/
  • edited October 2006
    The Mario cartoons didn't follow the same story line of the games either. Although, was Pokemon definitely a game first? I've seem some pretty old Pokemon mangas out there...
  • edited October 2006
    The game came before the anime, but the anime was so loosely based off of Red and Blue that they made Yellow to make it a little more like the anime. Also, a lot of the battles make no sense in the anime. Where you can't harm ground types with electric attacks in the game, that damned Pikachu has beaten ground types with its electric attacks on numerous occasions. The anime also throws in different areas that you never see in the game.
  • edited October 2006
    If it will put joy in your heart, use pokemon. (Damn loop-holes...)
  • edited October 2006
    Sweet.

... Now I just need a good idea. ¬_¬
  • edited October 2006
    yeah loopholes but i not gonna down grade the cartoon even though it is as low as it can get
  • edited October 2006
    I'm not trying to be mean here, but I have no idea what that sentence is supposed to mean. Do you mean that the Pokemon animated series is "as low as it can get"?
  • edited October 2006
    it is one of the worst animes based off a video game except for season 1 but still it sucked
    yes it lost its taste after awhile
  • edited October 2006
    I'm gonna have to agree with Kirby. Season 1 was alright, but everything else was pretty bad.
  • edited October 2006
    Anybody else interested in entering? Or are you guys just lazy?
  • edited October 2006
    I'm gonna win...w00t!
  • edited October 2006
    Its going to take me a while for me to figure out what to do spirte wise
  • edited October 2006
    Bleh. I don't think I can come up with anything original. All the jokes I come up with end up ripping off Pokémon X's Yu Gi Oh joke. And since my name is not Josiah Lebowitz, I won't be stealing anything from Pokémon X.
  • edited October 2006
    I can think of at least several. Too bad I'm not going to share them.