I decree....A Sprite Comic Contest!!

Comments

• edited October 2006
    comicversion1.jpg]

Since you guys said pokemon counts. ^_~
  • edited October 2006
    You can't beat an opponent with Thunder Wave! It doesn't deal any damage!
  • edited October 2006
    But doesn't it hurt to be shocked from the inside?

Oh and the title is: Why Yoshi does not digest his enemies.
  • edited October 2006
    Is the joke that Yoshi just decided to walk away and ignor his opponent? I know I can't create anythign even half as good, but I'm not really sure what the joke was supposed to be.
  • edited October 2006
    *sigh*, well for one thing if no one can get the joke it's probably not that good and secondly you guys really have low self esteem!

Anyways, it didn't work out so well, but yoshi swallows pikachu and pikachu is inside yoshi and decides that he needs a little light (because it's dark) so he uses an electric attack. Yoshi of course is not very thrilled about this (I would think someone would be traumatized if they were going to be shocked fromthe inside).
    *sigh*
    Anyway, it was a try.
  • edited October 2006
    That's Pichu, not Pikachu.
  • edited October 2006
    oh geez, that is your icon isn't it? It was suppose to be a pikachu, but we couldn't find a sprite that was that good... and I don't like pichu that much, slip of the tougue as they would say :P
  • edited October 2006
    So, what's the topic right now suppose to be?
  • edited October 2006
    Anime, I believe.
    REMIXED: (is this even legal?)
    comicversion.jpg
  • edited October 2006
    Alrighty, well I havn't made a comic in years, but I wanted to give it another try, so here it is.
    wonderfulworldvg6.png

Not that great, but whatever. The only anime sprite I could find was Hamtaro, and the first instinct I had was revulsion, hence, this comic.

As a side note: it took longer to make that back shot of the girly-fox-that-i-still-dont-have-a-name-for than it did to make the entire comic.
  • edited October 2006
    Shinku wrote: »
    Since you guys said pokemon counts. ^_~

It counts, but that comic really has nothing to do with the actual anime. You just used a Pokémon in the comic. However, the Pichu is interchangable with any other being that can create lightning element attacks. For example, one could use Elec Man (from Mega Man, and thereby has nothing to do with anime) and still produce the exact same joke. The goal of this round is to make a reference to anime, and you have failed.

Hey Agentcel. I think I'm judging again this round. :)
  • edited October 2006
    deku's comic was awesome.
  • edited October 2006
    'member, Hamelin, the topic is always in the first post of the thread.

And since really no one else is judging, it's just you and me..unless you want to enter in a round. Then it's just me.
  • edited October 2006
    project%201.gif
  • edited October 2006
    Aright...Judging will be on Sunday (God will help me. No, not "God" from the forums).
  • edited October 2006
    kirby wrote: »
    project%201.gif

Make the text bigger so I can actually read it or you have no chance of winning. Not trying to be mean, but if I can't read it, I can't see the joke, and therefore it can't be judged on it's content.
  • edited October 2006
    That's sweet Kirby.
  • edited October 2006
    Can I expand it to include, like, cartoons in general? Anime sprites are in such short supply.

Also, I don't see why we shouldn't make a new thread for each contest, with the topic in the title, it seems it would make it easier.
  • edited October 2006
    I concur with Hamelin. Put future contests in separate threads. I read through threads in a linear fashion, so going back to the first page all the time is annoying. It may sound like I'm being finicky, but I'm guessing I'm not alone in my forum-readin' styles.
  • edited October 2006
    And lose all the funky colors, while you're at it. That was horrible.

Okay, it's Sunday now, so I guess I'll post my ranks for the entries and however Agentcel wants to use them, he can.

#4: Shinku: As I said before, I don't really see any anime references in here. Plus the overall appearance of the comic is poor (panels unevenly lined up, JPG dithering).

#3: kirby: It looks like you actually had an anime reference in here (you credited Ranma), but overall I don't see the joke. Some girl was dressed up as a guy, and cold water changed her clothes and hair? And now she's mad. Okay... Plus it's still too small, I can barely read the text.

#2: General Salt: Random DBZ reference. Not bad, but I've seen this way too many times in other comics. Good appearance, though.

#1: deku: It would have helped the joke if the character would have been someone from the actual Sonic universe that we know really cares for Mobuis, so it REALLY drives home the point that they hate Hamtaro. But even with a randomly created character, the choice to blow up an entire planet and let billions of innocent people die so she doesn't have to play with a Hamtaro doll for the rest of the day is quite amusing. And your comic's apperance has no flaws that I can see.
  • edited October 2006
    'Hoy! It's time for the results!

1.Deku
    2.General Salt
    3.Shinku
    4.Kirby

Deku wins. Request your prize or die!!
  • edited October 2006
    Okay, so suppose I had a different list than you... How does my input as a judge affect the outcome?
  • edited October 2006
    cold water changed the main character into a girl
  • edited October 2006
    Hypothetically? *laughs* your imput as a judge...it depends, really. I read what you have to say, and I take it into considoration, and make my list. Your list just happened to not affect me.
  • edited October 2006
    Yes, we ascertained that, but why?
  • edited October 2006
    kirby wrote: »
    cold water changed the main character into a girl

That's funny, because in the 3rd panel, before the water is spilled, he calls her Alicia. Or rather, "Alica," but that's still a girl's name (only spelled wrong).
    Agentcel wrote: »
    Hypothetically? *laughs* your imput as a judge...it depends, really. I read what you have to say, and I take it into considoration, and make my list. Your list just happened to not affect me.

Well... Yeah. Of course my list didn't affect you this time. We already had the same list. A very obvious list, at that.
  • edited October 2006
    Hmm..what would I like drawn...

How about a bus full of ninja orphans kicking ass?
  • edited October 2006
    Coming right up! This will so kick ass....