EPISODE 284: RE-CAPS

13»

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Oh? So... does that mean French came before, or Spanish? Italian? Greek? Anything else?

Also, love the corn nuts, Mario!
  • edited December 2006
    English started as a derivative of French. So it did come before.
  • edited December 2006
    Wrong!

English is a Germanic language, French is a Romance language. They have completely different roots.

French is decended from Latin, English is not, we just borrow a bunch of words from that language tree.

TMYK! But I knew without looking it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_languages
  • edited December 2006
    No! Modern day English is the resultant biscuit of the jerk-circle that is the rest of the world speaking!
  • edited December 2006
    It's still a germanic language and the bulk of our sentence structure and grammar stems from the same.

Our vocabulary comes from everywhere.
  • edited December 2006
    Now say that same thing, but use group-masturbation as a metaphor.
  • edited December 2006
    No.
  • edited December 2006
    Good choice.
  • edited December 2006
    Sometimes it is not so important what decision is made, so long as a decision is made.
  • edited January 2007
    I leave this forum on the topic of me stealing Zelda comics and then I return to find it to be about where the english language derives from and group masturbation! Man, Mario will be pissed! On another note I am surprised that Mario hasn't commented in a while (wink wink, nod nod)
  • godgod
    edited January 2007
    If I were him, I think I would be more pissed about you reviving this thread every time it's been five days since the last post.
  • edited January 2007
    yeah... wait... I'm the one that got them started on that! oh crap...

by the way, I wonder when mario will update... maybe then this forum WILL be dead!

EDIT: I'm not gonna make a new post because I don't want to contribute to this thread's perpetual state of still being posted in. But seriously you guys, if you don't want to talk about this episode, don't post in the thread. Let it dieeeeeeee.

The thread, not the comic. I'm gonna make more comics, I promise!

~mario

Edit: holy crap, he can DO that?!!
  • edited January 2007
    ON TOPICNESS ALERT!!! :eek:
    I didn't understand panels 14 and 15. Too much techno babble...;)
  • edited January 2007
    MY BRAIN HURTS