Orangebelt Sprite Comic Contest #6- Mario Comic

edited December 2006 in Comics
This round's topic is Mario Comics (The video game, not the guy). I'm looking forward to all of your entries! Same rules/prizes.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    page2mh9.png

Repost!
  • edited November 2006
    Good luck with that, Nightlord. Maybe your repost will work out better than mine did.
  • edited November 2006
    Boo to reposting! Cool contests deserve original creations!
  • edited November 2006
    Erm, yeah. I do have an idea, but take the last panel of this comic and replace the GBASP with a Wii and mario with myself, and that's why I haven't made my idea into a comic yet.

... Wii commands I play more Zelda, now.
  • edited November 2006
    It may be a repost, but I'm winning by default. Woot!
  • edited November 2006
    Y'know, he kind of has a point.
  • edited November 2006
    I've had a few ideas, but between homework and Thanksgiving, I don't really have time to form any comics.
  • edited November 2006
    Maybe Wii can ban reposts with its awesome tentacle mind power. :p
  • edited November 2006
    Judging on Sunday.
  • edited November 2006
    Sunday when? Like, 12:01 AM Sunday? Because I'm too tired to do it today (stayed up all day with bad acid reflux before going to work), but I can do it Sunday morning and have it done sometime in the afternoon.
  • edited November 2006
    Eh...anytime Sunday will do. When you have time. Looks like this contest'll be a toughie to judge.
  • edited November 2006
    00000059.png

As promised! There shall be no default wins as long as I'm here!

Oh yeah. No asking me to judge this time, either.
  • edited November 2006
    Mjc wins, because he didn't repost, and his comic is superior, it has far better taste, origionality, style, humor than any other comic ever made. It is so awe-inspiring that one would think it a work of God! It's absolutely an A+++! And that's why it wins...

So take that, Night Lord!
  • edited November 2006
    Only because I didn't repost? I'd rather win because the judges liked my comic better. This'll be twice in a row where I got "cheap" wins. :(
  • edited November 2006
    I liked your comic better.
  • edited November 2006
    I did too actually. I miss Fireflower...
  • edited November 2006
    Sonofabitch.
  • edited November 2006
    its very clever i would like to see more of those
  • edited November 2006
    I'm not sure I really need to say this...but nonethless!

Mjc, pick your prize (although I already know what you'll ask for =_=)!
  • edited November 2006
    i'll judge then
  • edited November 2006
    kirby wat will u judge?
  • godgod
    edited November 2006
    I beleive the judging is already over.
  • edited November 2006
    thats were im confused with kirby
  • edited November 2006
    Panel 4 totally made me think of Fireflower. Good job!
  • edited November 2006
    Erm... What's Fireflower? ... Anyway, panels 3-5 were just sections from other comics. Panel 4 was from Link and Friends, but from the "Old 2003 Site Archive" section. They started over when they got the new site running. I used Comic 71 because I love that comic. "DIE COIN! *stabbity*"

But uhm... Yeah. I think you're going a little overboard with "It is so awe-inspiring that one would think it a work of God!", Agentcel, but okay. I accept my prize, and yep, you already know what it is...

awardtv5.jpg
    Color that sumbitch! Then I can finally use it for an avatar.

I'm glad everyone liked it, though.
  • edited November 2006
    Alright...but not 'til thursday...I left the drawing at my mother's house.
  • edited November 2006
    so..the prize is..that you yourself have to color the picture in?
  • edited November 2006
    Yes. I am the judge/prize-giver, and Mjc is the judge also when he doesn't enter.
  • edited November 2006
    mjc0961 wrote: »
    Erm... What's Fireflower? ... Anyway, panels 3-5 were just sections from other comics. Panel 4 was from Link and Friends, but from the "Old 2003 Site Archive" section. They started over when they got the new site running. I used Comic 71 because I love that comic. "DIE COIN! *stabbity*"

Oh...so that wasn't from Fireflower? Interesting how both Mario and I thought of it when we saw it though.

Fireflower was an old, old sprite comic that has since ended. But it was good. I can't manage to find the archives anymore, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
  • edited November 2006
    Wow, whoever made this "Link and Friends" is totally bitin' on Fireflower's style. I loved that comic.