The cat statues probably don't actually have hearts hidden on them...

edited February 2006 in 6:35
...they just tell you they do, so you spend several minutes staring at a cat statue at indecent angles in broad daylight.

:tmyk:

Comments

• edited January 2006
    Ugh. Supposedly someone asked the artist where the heart is. I don't even care anymore.

For those not in on the joke, the downtown in which I work is having this fundraiser wherein local artists were given molded cat sculptures to decorate. The sculptures were then put on display in various shops. The indolent rich are invited to bid on these cats, to raise money for the town's art commission. I'm really tired of making conversation about the damn cats.
  • edited January 2006
    Is the cat still there? Maybe I'll snap a pic for all to see! It'll be pic-snap-tacular!
  • edited January 2006
    Ugh. Yeah, the $400 cat is there. Take a closeup so that you can see Leo and Leona in its eyes.
  • edited January 2006
    CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT
  • edited January 2006
    CATATTACK!
  • edited January 2006
    That's CAT-tacular!
  • edited January 2006
    We're on the verge of a CAT-astrophe!
  • edited January 2006
    couldn't they at least have used cows? cats are so cliche.
  • edited January 2006
    The town is called Los Gatos (for those who don't speak Spanish: "The Cats"), so cows would have made less sense here than, say, Vacaville, CA.
  • edited January 2006
    They could have used catamarans.
  • edited January 2006
    Q-Tip wrote:
    CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT
    MUSHROOM MUSHROOM
  • edited January 2006
    Yams yams yams yams yams.
  • edited January 2006
    Are all cat sculptures the same? Is there a flowery cat sculpture?
  • edited January 2006
    Is there an Evil the Cat sculpture?
  • edited January 2006
    How about Bill the Cat? Though that might be a but too tricky...
  • edited January 2006
    Stef wrote:
    For those not in on the joke, the downtown in which I work is having this fundraiser wherein local artists were given molded cat sculptures to decorate. The sculptures were then put on display in various shops. The indolent rich are invited to bid on these cats, to raise money for the town's art commission. I'm really tired of making conversation about the damn cats.

How have I missed said cats? I am so going to find them tonight since I'm going into LG anyway.
  • jcjc
    edited February 2006
    leesh wrote:
    couldn't they at least have used cows? cats are so cliche.

Actually, when it comes to variably-painted charity animal sculptures, cows are the only existing cliche.
  • edited February 2006
    Thunder! THUNDER! THUNDERCATS!!!!! HOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • edited February 2006
    Sorry I took so long with these photos. I now present, the cursed cat!
  • edited February 2006
    Oh dear lord! My EYES.
  • edited February 2006
    DAMN! That is freaky.
  • edited February 2006
    :'(
  • edited February 2006
    Are you sure people aren't paying $400+ to have them safely disposed of?

Like in an underground bunker or something.
  • edited February 2006
    I don't think any bunker could contain that, no matter how deep it was.
  • edited February 2006
    Maybe they'll put it in a bunker then nuke them.

Two or three times.
  • edited February 2006
    It's no good! Nine lives!
  • edited February 2006
    Yes, but it's likely that the first detonation will take a few lives, depending on how quickly the cats revive, due to the extremely high levels of radiation.
  • edited February 2006
    Today I discovered two new bids on the cat. The first brought the cat up to $450. The second bid was ostensibly for 50 cents, though it was written (cent sign) 0.50, which would make it half a cent if we take it at face value. The halfpenny bidder also wrote something along the lines of 'are you serious??' next to the $450 bid. My coworker now thinks less of me because I thought that was funny.
  • edited February 2006
    That's awesome. ^^
  • edited February 2006
    I'd buy it because I'm sure those eyes have mystical powers of some sort. They'll shoot lasers or let me see into the future or something.