The cat statues probably don't actually have hearts hidden on them...

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Or maybe they shoot lasers into the future!
  • edited February 2006
    That's pretty reckless. According to Doc just existing in a time you're not supposed to is dangerous, let alone firing lasers all over the place.

Though it would be cool.
  • edited February 2006
    I think it'd be more of a 'whoever owns this dies a terrible, terrible death in mysterious circumstances' sort of a deal.

That's some malevolent cat statue right there.
  • edited February 2006
    Apathy wrote:
    I think it'd be more of a 'whoever owns this dies a terrible, terrible death in mysterious circumstances' sort of a deal.

That's some malevolent cat statue right there.

It's a conspiracy! The people leading the fundraiser must kill off the new owner after extorting from them to bid them off again!
  • edited February 2006
    Yes!
  • edited February 2006
    Hehe. I love that comic.

But Shroom has a point. If you're going to be an evil capitalist, cursed cats statues have the potential to be a pretty good money spinner.
  • edited February 2006
    I've heard that other stores in town carry these cursed statues as well. One can only surmise that bringing all these statues together in one room would open the gates of Hell, and Satan's armies would rise and destroy us all. I may have to collect further photographic evidence of these evils, so we can be made more aware of our impending doom.

The kid who bid $.50 was likely trying to avert the coming horrors, if only halfheartedly.
  • edited February 2006
    That or s/he is all about raising the armies of hell, but is also a cheapskate.
  • edited February 2006
    That's probably the case.
  • edited February 2006
    mario wrote:
    I've heard that other stores in town carry these cursed statues as well. One can only surmise that bringing all these statues together in one room would open the gates of Hell, and Satan's armies would rise and destroy us all. I may have to collect further photographic evidence of these evils, so we can be made more aware of our impending doom.

The kid who bid $.50 was likely trying to avert the coming horrors, if only halfheartedly.

Maybe they could make a video game about that. Video game developers love the idea of collecting items that, when assembled together, unravel reality as we know and and herald destruction, chaos, and a general sense of evil. Just look at Pokemon.
  • edited February 2006
    ...but I like Pokémon.
  • edited February 2006
    It's ok. They're pleasantly evil.
  • edited February 2006
    I would also like to add tasty to that list. Just because.
  • edited February 2006
    I dunno. With all the different kinds of Pokémon, it'd be pretty hard to know they're ALL tasty.

*copies the 'é' out of Mario's post*
  • edited February 2006
    hlavco wrote:
    *copies the 'é' out of Mario's post*

On a Mac: Option+e, then the vowel of your choice (e for é, a for á, etc.)
    On a PC: Alt+0233
  • edited February 2006
    How am I supposed to remmeber four numbers?! I can't even remember my cell number!
  • edited February 2006
    Your cell number is less than four numbers?
  • edited February 2006
    The part I can't remember is!
  • edited February 2006
    Why would you need to? Who calls their own cell phone?
  • edited February 2006
    With the advent of cell phones, who needs to remember phone numbers at all anymore?
  • edited February 2006
    If you've got a messy room, with a cell phone hidden somewhere in it, and access to a friend's or family member's phone, you feel pretty damn fortunate to have remembered your cell phone number.
  • edited February 2006
    This is true.
  • edited February 2006
    Plus I have to look up the number whenever I need to give it to someone.
  • edited February 2006
    mario wrote:
    On a Mac: Option+e, then the vowel of your choice (e for é, a for á, etc.)
    On a PC: Alt+0233
    4 numbers is for losers. Alt+130 is where it's at. Although I can't seem to do either one here while using firefox 1.5 or newer. I blame vBulletin.
  • edited February 2006
    I use alt-3202... another alternative I might've learned from one of you.
  • edited February 2006
    I tried the keyboard shortcut on AIM the other night, and it made my font really small and spaced out instead of giving me an é(which I copied and pasted again just now). Stupid AIM.
  • edited February 2006
    I have a special key in my keyboard to do that, see? á, é, í, ó, ú. As well as ñ. Latin keyboards are cool.
  • edited February 2006
    Or you could just set your regional language to spanish. Then you can press shift+somenumber to make an accent. We learned that in spanish class once.
  • edited February 2006
    Did someone say cat?

ny74gi.jpg
  • edited February 2006
    Unfortunately, the other cat statues have all been auctioned off, so I was unable to take more pictures. Woe.